GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"STOP IT NINTENDO"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/12/04 at 20:43
Regular
"rpgfan"
Nintendo have annoyed me over the past year, releasing some of the most childish games and really not giving a toss about how their console does in terms of sales, but this takes the buiscuit. Having just seen this lovely image, '' [URL]http://shop.game.net/consoles/[/URL] '' i was happy to see the Nintendo DS and Sony PSP together, just before war begins, but the picture on the DS's screen seemed to show Super Mario 64, the N64 classic.
Nintendo have just been releasing childish games like Donkey Kong with drums, all the NES classics on the Gameboy Advance. It just seems Nintendo have no ideas left in the games industry and they just seem to be living in the past by re-releasing games that were popular when Nintendo were in their prime.
Come on Nintendo, get some new ideas!
Fri 31/12/04 at 15:11
Regular
"\\"
I had one of those orange things!

It wasn't Donkey Kong though. And the screens were on the left and right rather than top and bottom.
Fri 31/12/04 at 15:06
"High polygon count"
gerrid wrote:
> "Pressing left on the "PLUS" button will make Mario
> advance to the left"

Well, it's Nintendo... it IS for kids! ;-p
Fri 31/12/04 at 11:52
Regular
"bit of a brain"
"Pressing left on the "PLUS" button will make Mario advance to the left"
Fri 31/12/04 at 09:01
Regular
"..."
Hee hee...game and watch, now that brings back some happy memories of time wasted as a nipper.
Thu 30/12/04 at 23:41
"High polygon count"
The DS has a definite image problem.

I had a Nintendo Game & Watch Donkey Kong game in the early 80's. It looked just like the DS, but was bright orange.

[URL]http://www.gameandwatch.com/screen/multiscreen/donkey/[/URL] to check it out!
Thu 30/12/04 at 22:41
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It shocks me that everyone thinks that Nintendo are doing terribly, when I'm sure they are making the most profit out of the 3 console manufacturers.

If they went 3rd party they'd have to start paying royalties to Sony/Microsoft and they'g get considerably less money off each game sold. It would be a stupid thing to do.

As for the DS v PSP argument, all we can do is wait and see, but I don't really think that current generation console games on a handheld is something that appeals to enough people. Why would you buy a PSP to play Ridge Racer when you can already get it on the PS2? Why spend £180 when you can spend £30?

And games sell consoles, not manufacturers. People wouldn't buy PS2s if there weren't games they wanted to play on them. Battery life etc don't really matter to the casual gamer, as they won't know anything about it, but the casual gamer doesn't buy handhelds - it's a kids market.
Thu 30/12/04 at 22:28
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Maybe Nintendo is in trouble at the moment, but when there are so many threads dedicated to slagging the GC off it really annoys the hell outta me. If people are only saying bad things about it then this will put potential buyers off so by doing this you really are not helping Nintendo.
Thu 30/12/04 at 17:40
Regular
DiG wrote:
> ===SONICRAV---wrote:
> However, the way things are going, I cannot see very much future for
> Nintendo in the console-manufacturing business. Why? Well, look at
> the GC. At the end of the day, it's a small cute purple cube. It IS
> aimed at kids. Sure, the games on it are good, sometimes even adult,
> but the console looks like a kids toy. Next console generation I
> expect that Microsoft and Sony will steal the show, and Nintendo
> will
> end up in a position like the N64 - a very small proportion of the
> gaming market. After that they're simply going to be able to make
> more money by releasing games on other consoles that offer a bigger
> audience.
>

yes but nintendo also released different colour cubes for older audiences. i was 18 when i got mine did i buy a pink one no, i bought a black one.
if a pink ps2 came out no1 wud accuse it of being aimed at kids dispite ps2s and their graphics being awefull even on a small analogue tv.
Thu 30/12/04 at 14:56
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Oh my.

*rubs eyes*

PSP would be great if they sorted out the battery life. They've gone for some super powerful unit which looks sooooo much better than the DS; just it's let down by the fact that batteries aren't powerful enough to keep it going for long enough.

DS isn't as powerful, but at least it will last more than 2 hours!

It seems that they've gone and made some amazing unit but forgotten to develop batteries!
Thu 30/12/04 at 14:12
Regular
"kill my enemys"
im gonna talk about the handheld war between the ds and the psp.as me being a nintendo hardcore fan i definatly 100% think that the ds is well better then the psp and i no hardcore sony fans no that aswell.but.nintendo has added so much stuff to the ds that it cant really get much better and the psp can get much better so in a couple of years when both manafacturers release another handheld console the ds wont be much better and the psp will be even better so the psp will sell well more than the ds in the next handheld war cose this war is already over and ds are the victors.this could be tactiful by sony or just plain stupid!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.