GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Extra Gameaday idea!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/05/01 at 18:26
Regular
Wouldn't it be good if SR offered to give a Game away for creating an Internet site. The idea is you create a site about a game or a group of games or consoles. It can have anything to do with games but must not sell things!

The idea behind this is that every site must have a SR banner or link etc... this would be helpful for SR. Also the game will create creativity and we can all have good fun. The best, funniest and coolest site will win and with a load of advertisement the traffic going to here will be bigger! This Competition would be great!

Do you agree? What do you think Tony?

Here's to the future

Dringo
Tue 15/05/01 at 18:26
Regular
Wouldn't it be good if SR offered to give a Game away for creating an Internet site. The idea is you create a site about a game or a group of games or consoles. It can have anything to do with games but must not sell things!

The idea behind this is that every site must have a SR banner or link etc... this would be helpful for SR. Also the game will create creativity and we can all have good fun. The best, funniest and coolest site will win and with a load of advertisement the traffic going to here will be bigger! This Competition would be great!

Do you agree? What do you think Tony?

Here's to the future

Dringo
Tue 15/05/01 at 18:28
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
This is unfair as some people have better software and know HTML, PPH, MySQL and JavaScript. Like me.
Tue 15/05/01 at 18:30
Regular
"everyone says it"
Although this is a great idea Dringo, what it would come down to is experience in websire design, people who have the technology and know-how will do AAA websites...
Tue 15/05/01 at 18:37
Regular
True but elastic tale scripts experience etc may be usefull it is the content that counts! People know how to write good stuff and it is that that will win it not fancy backgrounds etc...

Looks will be better if you are experienced yet content is something we can all be good at!

Like Discussions, People good a English Literature Will be better on her than people not so good! But if someone writes good stuff but isn't dome too well may still win. It is the content!
Tue 15/05/01 at 19:49
Regular
I don`t think its content that makes a good website. It really is down to the presentation. On my games site, all I have is a little javascript, and loads of pics and reviews. It has the content, but not the presentation style of a professional web designer with all the tools.
Tue 15/05/01 at 19:52
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
Don't listen to any of them dringo. This is a great idea. Just needs the approval of Tony.
Tue 15/05/01 at 20:01
Sounds like a gr8 idea. So, who does actually have web design knowledge? i know that turbonutter does, thats 4 sure!

Swish
Tue 15/05/01 at 20:04
Regular
I can design, but I can't code.
Tue 15/05/01 at 20:06
Regular
"A square watermelon"
I think it's a good idea too. I have no decent web design knowledge, but i think it's a good idea to promote SR.
Tue 15/05/01 at 20:07
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
I started learning html about 7 years ago, but switched more to other languages recently, leaving the basic code to DreamWeaver. I do some design, graphics/flash, and I'm experimenting with code for some embedded multimedia objects, slowed by not actualy having a local server connected to test on. Hours of looking over the SDKs, then finally get to test it and it all falls over =/

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.