GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another Christmas, another harvest"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 27/12/04 at 12:55
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Every year this happens. I tell my family I don't want anything: "But it's Christmas, you've got to have something.", "But it's a religious holiday, which I don't believe in, and have no right to celebrate. I only did in the past because you confused it with tradition. If you must, get me a card, and definitely no clothes." So Christmas day arrives. By a curious twist of fate, I've managed to get away from sitting round a table with my family, watching my Dad embarrass himself, and Grandma get increasingly drunk. This year it's the girlfriends house, thank f**k. And it's fun - I win a quiz, and the food is nice. We talk about chavs, swear openly, and everyone is friendly.

The next day I go home, and I have presents to open from the family. A harvest of shiiiite - I asked for no presents, not no effort. 2 x deodorant kits, vouchers for places I never shop, and the most horrible horrible chav uniform from my Brother. I thought it was a joke, why would anyone wear anything like this monstrosity, other than to be pointed out as a useless member of society? That's what I thought Next, Topman and River Island were - Chav costume shops. Now the word 'Chav' is overused in our vocabulary frequently, but there's no other word for it. My Brother has known me for nearly 24 years. Through my grunge period, Britpop period, to my current indie lo-fi leanings. He knows better, which means his orange girlfriend must have got it!

I asked for nothing, I was giving next to nothing, which is useless and makes me look ungrateful. They could have got me tools, shoelaces or even cups. One year an Aunt got me a bottle of ketchup - it was fantastic, the most thoughtful present I ever had because it's the only thing I've ever really wanted and I got it! Next year I become a hermit.
Mon 27/12/04 at 12:55
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Every year this happens. I tell my family I don't want anything: "But it's Christmas, you've got to have something.", "But it's a religious holiday, which I don't believe in, and have no right to celebrate. I only did in the past because you confused it with tradition. If you must, get me a card, and definitely no clothes." So Christmas day arrives. By a curious twist of fate, I've managed to get away from sitting round a table with my family, watching my Dad embarrass himself, and Grandma get increasingly drunk. This year it's the girlfriends house, thank f**k. And it's fun - I win a quiz, and the food is nice. We talk about chavs, swear openly, and everyone is friendly.

The next day I go home, and I have presents to open from the family. A harvest of shiiiite - I asked for no presents, not no effort. 2 x deodorant kits, vouchers for places I never shop, and the most horrible horrible chav uniform from my Brother. I thought it was a joke, why would anyone wear anything like this monstrosity, other than to be pointed out as a useless member of society? That's what I thought Next, Topman and River Island were - Chav costume shops. Now the word 'Chav' is overused in our vocabulary frequently, but there's no other word for it. My Brother has known me for nearly 24 years. Through my grunge period, Britpop period, to my current indie lo-fi leanings. He knows better, which means his orange girlfriend must have got it!

I asked for nothing, I was giving next to nothing, which is useless and makes me look ungrateful. They could have got me tools, shoelaces or even cups. One year an Aunt got me a bottle of ketchup - it was fantastic, the most thoughtful present I ever had because it's the only thing I've ever really wanted and I got it! Next year I become a hermit.
Mon 27/12/04 at 14:12
Regular
Scrooge
Mon 27/12/04 at 14:13
Regular
Merry Christmas you miserable b******d! :)
Mon 27/12/04 at 14:30
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Why is he a miserable 'naughty word' because he don't celebrate christmas?
Mon 27/12/04 at 15:05
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Simple solution. Chuck 'em out, or give them to a charity shop.

Everyones a winner.
Mon 27/12/04 at 15:06
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
The club i went to last night gave everyone free entry if they bought an unwanted gift.

Get rid of crap and party for free-ish
Mon 27/12/04 at 17:06
Regular
monkey_man wrote:
> That's what I thought Next, Topman and River Island were - Chav costume
> shops. Now the word 'Chav' is overused in our vocabulary frequently, but
> there's no other word for it.

Ahaha.
Where do you buy your stuff then?
or do you just make it?
Mon 27/12/04 at 17:33
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I only asked for a sleeping gown, it's excellent.

I also have useless amounts of Lynx and chocolate.
Mon 27/12/04 at 17:41
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Puddin™ wrote:
> The club i went to last night gave everyone free entry if they bought
> an unwanted gift.

"free entry if they bought"

Yeah...
Mon 27/12/04 at 18:12
Regular
gaybys wrote:
> Puddin™ wrote:
> The club i went to last night gave everyone free entry if they
> bought
> an unwanted gift.
>
> "free entry if they bought"
>
> Yeah...

Puddin's stupid an' all, but I think she meant brought.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.