GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I miss clubbing.."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 27/12/04 at 02:37
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
went clubbing again....

i'm like, drunk for the third day running,t'is kinda cool...

i miss my bf
Mon 27/12/04 at 20:36
Regular
There are two types of clubbing for me,

There's the type where you go dressed in your tracky pants and t-shirt, walk in chewing your own ear off and come out 8 hours later, barely able to stand through exhaustion and looking like some sort of dug up monkey skeleton. You then usually have a 4 hour drive to look forward to, stuffed in the back of someones car. The music is usually above par in the club but ultimately not worth the 3 days or so you have to endure your body telling you are a complete cockknocker for what you've done. When you get back, you kill what limited brain cells you have left with the handy supply of alcopops and mary jane someone procured earlier. You make it home that afternoon and collapse, hoping to see those pearly gates before you wake up with deep regret.

Then there's the other type. the only reason you're in there is because they serve ale after 12, and for which you get your pants pulled down over the price. If you eyeball a bouncer for more than a microsecond you're branded a trouble maker and thrown down some icy steel steps. The music is 90% pants, the other 10% you may consider dancing to, if you don't mind dancing in a space smaller than that in a phone box, getting more and more crushed as drunk freaks fall into you. The activities involve shouting at the top of your voice to someone sat a foot away from you, if you can get a seat, so they can hear you. You wait vainly for up to half an hour to be served something that wouldn't look out of place in a backed up urinal, before having it spilt all over you on your way back to your seat, by some cretin who can't handle the half a shandy he supped earlier. You come out with a terrible ringing in your ears and look forward to 40 mins of standing in ice cold weather waiting for a taxi that probably isn't coming anyway. You force down some god awful dish you wouldn't even consider when sober, hoping that you'll be able to keep it down long enough to go to sleep later on. You pass out in a drunken, highly skint, stinking mess, with a day of mental and physical pain to look forward to.

A few friends are currently going to be entertaining type 1, on New Years Eve. It was suggested I join them, to which I had to reply "Go **** * ***** **** ***** **** *** **** *********** ********* ** * ********** -- asterisk key broke here.

I love clubbing.
Mon 27/12/04 at 20:37
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
I dunna...When i'm back home, if i go clubbing one or 2 people it's good cos i know loads of people in here. Last night for instance 5 of us went, and i met a few people i knew so it's all good.

But down in Brighton, when me and my friend go it's not that good since we have to stick together and i can't go for a wander and talk to random people.
Mon 27/12/04 at 20:40
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
4 hour drive home from a club?
Mon 27/12/04 at 20:47
Regular
"Notable"
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> walk in chewing your own ear off

Ahaa....drugss,,,
Mon 27/12/04 at 20:47
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Mon 27/12/04 at 20:48
Regular
"Notable"
j't-little-a
Mon 27/12/04 at 21:00
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
I worked it out...after getting over my laziness
Mon 27/12/04 at 21:32
"slightlyshortertagl"
Clubbing... aaaa....

I love it, I know I'm underage and all that pish, but I have sufficient documentation to say I'm 19, and that's what the bouncers want.

I, too see two different types of clubbing;

1) The serious hardcore stuff. Drum and Bass, Acid House, the messed up music.
I love this, it's serious full on clubbing with a load of DnB-heads who live for the weekend and the ability to spend a night grinding, thrusting, raving, bopping, blazing or whatever floats your boat to Drum and Bass. Best example of this is probably Fabric down here in London. A superclub if I've ever seen on, acapacity of 2,000 and 3 rooms playing completely different music, all designed to make you jump, shout, scream, rave, bop.
Fabric isn't the bestest of prime example for the hardcore stuff because normally there's no aggro in these sorts of clubs. Again, in London, head over to Herbal or The End for just a good vibe. No aggro here at all. Everyone's there to dance and enjoy it.
The aftereffects of this sort of clubbing normally depends on how much you've consumed/inhaled/snorted/swallowed. All normally good, since the good feeling you get out of the clubbing out-does the tiredness that'll hang around for the enxt few days.
the journey back home from that sort of club involves climbing into the back of an over-priced minicab and either falling asleep, or sitting there in the over-priced minicab repeating 'that was eeffing good' to whoever's next to you.

2) Joke-y
Music policy = Now 579823 played on repeat.
A silly night out where you have to be exteremely drunk to enjoy, and you dance to songs you hate the guts of, simply because you're drunk. Seems like a good idea a the time, but you're normally left with a stinking hangover and a regret you went to that club for the next 3 days. Absolute crap. To be avoided at all costs.

Option 1 all the way :-)
Mon 27/12/04 at 21:37
Regular
"SOUP!"
Metal Clubbing, you fool.

Come to Black Sheep night and I'll tear your arms off and drink your blood, noodle.
Tue 28/12/04 at 13:27
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Puddin™ wrote:
> 4 hour drive home from a club?

you've never been clubbing out of town?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.