GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Goldeneye"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'GoldenEye 007'.
Sat 11/12/04 at 20:34
Regular
"Catch it!"
was goldeneye the best game on N64 or were there better?
Sun 12/12/04 at 01:56
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> It was indevelopment before Goldeneye was released.

It was released over a year afterwards though I believe. Enough time for Goldeneye's influence to filter in.
Sun 12/12/04 at 01:00
Regular
Majora's Mask didn't have the same impact but it was the better game.

Best game on the N64 therefore.
Sat 11/12/04 at 23:49
Regular
"Catch it!"
ok
Sat 11/12/04 at 21:56
Regular
"0228"
For me, Ocarina of Time was the best N64 game. It was just brilliant to play through and even by the standards of modern games it is brilliant. The story was fantastic, the gameplay was as close to perfection as I've seen, it was huge, it was Link's first 3D adventure, some of the cut-scenes were beautiful, and all in all the game was just great to play.

Majora's Mask was a brilliant game but it was unable to create the same impact. The were less dungeons as well but it was a more challenging game with the water temple being particuarly difficult. Also, being limited to 72 minutes before going back in time and resetting everything wasn't a feature I enjoyed, I like to be free to roam around at my leisure.

Goldeneye wasn't anywhere near as amazing as the Zelda games but it was the first game that I spent long sessions on with other people (despite being not that good at it). Both Goldeneye and Perfect Dark were great for playing against friends but I didn't get the same feeling that I got from playing through the single player of the Zelda games.

Conker's BFD was hilarious and there hasn't been a funnier game since. I still turn it on just to listen to the Great Mighty Poo but there is no way it could be described as the N64's best game. There was a lot of innovation and it was fun to play in both single and multiplayer modes but not in the same league as others.

Other games worthy of a mention are Mario 64 which some people say is the best ever platformer, Banjo Kazooie which I believe is one of Rare's moments of genius but was a bit too easy, Super Smash Brothers which was great but has been bettered by Melee, and finally I think Rayman 2 deserves a mention. It was not even close to being the N64's greatest game but I do think it is a highly under rated game which is definitely worth a play.
Sat 11/12/04 at 21:47
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
What's this new Goldeneye like? As EA are involved I doubt it'll have much depth, but is it good for a bit of mindless fun?
Sat 11/12/04 at 21:45
Regular
Tphi wrote:
> Half-Life wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Goldeneye.

Yes it would.

It was indevelopment before Goldeneye was released.
Sat 11/12/04 at 21:34
Regular
"the burning sky"
You could carry on all day like that. "This wouldnt exist if it were for this", then you end up back with Pong...
Sat 11/12/04 at 21:32
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Half-Life wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Goldeneye.
Sat 11/12/04 at 21:31
Regular
What was so revolutionary about Half Life?
Sat 11/12/04 at 21:26
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Meh.
Half Life was a much more important game than Goldeneye.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.