GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"25$ Anybody want to design me a Lemon Logo"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/12/04 at 13:51
"Chris - www.zipps.t"
Firstly the payment of 25$ will be made via paypal if the logo is used on lemonzoo.com

The header has to be 760x150 and has to be in BMP format

The colours are as follows:

Light Blue #B8C8D0
Blue #90A0A8
Dark Blue #586C78
Text Colour (Dark Grey) #303030
Lemon Yellow #E5B424

Use the current logo as an idea.

Good Luck.

Please email all logos to [email protected]

Any more information just email me.

Chris
Lemonzoo Team
Thu 30/12/04 at 13:11
"Chris - www.zipps.t"
Yeh, you exactly right. i dont not put my copyright anywhere near the video. There are a couple of flash vids that are copyrighted, but i made all those myself so thats fine.

Yeh i have my own server. Actually i have a few, but i am only using one of them for lemonzoo.com

Have you got your own server, or do u use a provider ?
Thu 30/12/04 at 13:06
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Oh, and one BIG hint with copyright/advertising.

DO NOT put you URL on any videos! Sure it's good marketing but if you're unlucky enough to put it on a copyrighted video then you're well and truely stuffed.

The reason why ~they~ never took any action against me with the penguin video was because I hadn't branded it, I was merely hosting it. The people that had branded the picture with their logo got the full lawsuit pressed against them.

And where are you hosted? I'm guessing you've got your own server seeing how much bandwith sites like these use up...
Thu 30/12/04 at 12:34
"Chris - www.zipps.t"
its not a copyright notice. The website is copyright to myslef and alex. The pictures are what we believe to be in the public domain, so we use them on our site.

It is a very messy bit of law. But if you own the copyright ect... we will remove aany pictures / other content that is not in the public domain.

Good thought tho. we had to get legal advice for this site !
Mon 27/12/04 at 20:34
Regular
"NULL"
Just wondering - you've put a copyright notice on your site, which implies you're claiming copyright for all the images.....you might wanna check that out....
Mon 27/12/04 at 20:22
Regular
You paid 25 dollars for a filter with text? Dear god.
Mon 27/12/04 at 13:32
"Chris - www.zipps.t"
I have had loads of people offer me logos. So thanks for you help. I have used 8 so far and payed out $200.

If you good at logos... then have a go and email me:

[email protected]

The current one is displayed on the site

http://www.lemonzoo.com
Sun 26/12/04 at 21:36
Regular
Its a nice little earner if you are good with photoshop and you are able to make up a logo in 10 minutes!
Sun 26/12/04 at 12:09
Regular
$25? Harsh.
Fri 24/12/04 at 19:09
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Thankyou. That's all I needed to know!

(That's not sarcastic either!)
Fri 24/12/04 at 17:53
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
phi11ip wrote:
> I was asking a serious question, why use BMPs when they're the most
> pathetic formats you could probably choose?

If you get people to do graphics work for you, you ask for the original files or for it in a raw format (eg BMP). The reason being that you have the opportunity to select the compression & optimizations yourself when you convert to gif, jpg, png etc.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.