GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Little britain- How depressing"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/12/04 at 00:27
Regular
I see it dominated the british comedy awards, how depressing, a program which is about as fun as finding out you have TB, cancer and AIDS and running your own personal sweepstake on which will kill you first.No offence but this programme is moronic. I am not sensitive to this kind of thing, but they get away with a lot, I wouldn't mind if it was actually relatively funny. Hahahahahaha we will try and take the pisss out of disabled people in the least funny way possible whilst spawning the most stupid and annoying catchphrases ever. If you want to make humour of of the situations at least make it vaguely funny, Timargh in south park is pretty amusing and is related to the same subject matter, thats because they try to actually be funny and slapstick rather than constantly see how much they can get away with.

At what point did screaming "i'm the only gay in the village" make for hilarious viewing? pure bull.

the only thing in little britain i ever at anypoint found amusing was the pikey girl. It was related well to real life and was done pretty well and was amusing the first time you saw it, maybe even the second time. But after that its limited comical value was worn out.

I appreciate that the BBC feels obliged to waste as much of the licence fee as it humanly can, and that bigging up little britain in some way seems to justify the existence of BBC 3, but lets be honest it is bullcrap of the highest order.

I am more than happy to watch mindless crap, low budget productions, hardly any subject is taboo with me, I am a pisshead student for godsake! but this has to be the most over rated programme in the history of television, not clever, not witty, and shitte. those awards better not have been voted for, otherwise this country is in a worse state than i thought (and i am an optimist!)
Tue 04/01/05 at 13:59
Regular
"I like beef"
I hate little britain. The Office, however, is the best comedy EVER!

I hate LB.

MT.
Tue 04/01/05 at 11:13
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
ironmovies wrote:
> the dvd no extras bull
> theres tons u need 2 use the remote
> if u don ave ne fing gd 2 say
> about little britain u deserve 2 b shot thanku.

Please, learn to spell.
Tue 04/01/05 at 10:02
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
CDouch wrote:
> Big Train beats Little Britain easily. Simon Pegg dancing in a paper
> bra to distract the attention of an office boss is worth the DVD
> price alone.
>
> Fast Show is also better.

Your point about Big train is go0d, as I remember the funny sketches, not to mention the staring contest. Little Britain is funny.

But, if you're talking about classic sketch shows, I would have to give the Fast Show the edge for the following reasons:

1) Many of its characters were used for adverts. I.e; the unpronouncables advertised Holsten pills.
2) At some point, we come across real-life equivilents of Colin Hunt.
3) A few of the outdoor sketches were filmed in the North-east.. Those sketches were the Brilliant kid. (He keeps saying Brilliant, hence the name.) The Arsenal 'fans' were probably in the then-Cellnet Riverside Stadium. And, a few of the 'Brilliant' sketches may have been filmed near Hartlepool. Not to mention the sketch when Chip the deaf actor drives a Quad into the Tees,, that was near the stadium. And this show introduced the TV debut of the Transporter Bridge.

But, i reckon that Swiss Tony is okay, (they should rename it Geoff) but I think the beeb should have asked for a different character to do a spin-off.
Tue 04/01/05 at 08:49
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
pauliewalnuts wrote:
> ironmovies wrote:
> the dvd no extras bull
>
> I was talking about the '15 Storeys High' DVD.
>
> I'll say what I like. If you are expressing your own opinion you
> cannot be 'wrong'. Some people think LB is funny, some don't. Fair
> enough. 'ironmovies' likes it, and he's obviously a moron. Nuff said.

Yeah but no but.
Mon 03/01/05 at 19:20
Regular
"be happy"
ironmovies wrote:
> the dvd no extras bull

I was talking about the '15 Storeys High' DVD.

I'll say what I like. If you are expressing your own opinion you cannot be 'wrong'. Some people think LB is funny, some don't. Fair enough. 'ironmovies' likes it, and he's obviously a moron. Nuff said.
Mon 03/01/05 at 19:00
Regular
"Who Hell He?"
I hadn't seen it until about three weeks ago and I must admit I found it very amusing. I am not into mainstream but I hate it when people slate things just because they are popular. I got the DVD for Christmas and have been laffing my ass off since.....
Mon 03/01/05 at 17:58
Regular
please tell me you are 25 minutes old have have only ever seen one programme, defaulting LB as your funniest ever programe.
Mon 03/01/05 at 16:38
Regular
"adam is the only ga"
little britain is the best comedy i've ever seen, how can people not like the tireless antics of the only gay in the village, the comedy of the disabled, that short guy who makes up those theme tunes, i mean it's the best sketch show ever!! i disagree with people who hate it. and saying timmah isn't funny
Mon 03/01/05 at 16:19
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
You all have issues. Serious issues. Little Britain is extremely funny.
Sun 02/01/05 at 23:05
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Big Train beats Little Britain easily. Simon Pegg dancing in a paper bra to distract the attention of an office boss is worth the DVD price alone.

Fast Show is also better.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.