GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Charlie & The Chocolate Factory"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/12/04 at 17:13
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Ok, so it might not get near Gene Wilder's dangerous-eyed portrayal but still, Tim Burton/Johnny Depp/Roald Dahl.

A genius mixture.

[URL]http://chocolatefactorymovie.warnerbros.com/#[/URL]
The trailer looks suitably odd and menacing.
Mon 27/12/04 at 12:55
Regular
And I'm not comparing it to the original film.
Mon 27/12/04 at 12:53
Regular
Forza wrote:
> In conclusion, Mav is an idiot.
> Although, that is a conclusion that was reached many moons ago.

Who the hell are you?
Mon 27/12/04 at 03:44
Regular
One agrees with your hypothesis of the film.
Mon 27/12/04 at 03:43
Regular
Being Burton I think it's going to look more cheerful and fantastical, but the undertones will be more sinister.
Mon 27/12/04 at 03:39
Regular
In conclusion, Mav is an idiot.
Although, that is a conclusion that was reached many moons ago.
Mon 27/12/04 at 03:38
Regular
A slant? You realise this is more faithful than the original film don't you?
Sun 26/12/04 at 22:29
Regular
Nah, I'm not convinced.

If they manage to maintain a consistent style into which that fits, then it'd probably be a worthy slant on the book, rather than faithful adaptation.

Depends on what you're looking for. Whatever happens though, I will be going to see it.
Sun 26/12/04 at 19:54
Regular
Mav wrote:
> Urgh... trailer is far too camp, slapstick and American. I mean,
> saying "Ew" like some teenage girl from the states, running
> into the camera... all not really needed.

Oh dear, you've got that totally wrong.

The 'ew' is brilliant. Think about it, you're in an amazingly weird place being led by an equally strange and rather sinister man, of which you know nothing about. Some fat kid falls into a river of chocolate flowing through a surreal landscape, shouting for help as appears he's about to die and Wonka just says 'Ew' in a macabre tone. It's wonderful.
Sun 26/12/04 at 17:45
Regular
Urgh... trailer is far too camp, slapstick and American. I mean, saying "Ew" like some teenage girl from the states, running into the camera... all not really needed.

Could be good, but keep it British please.
Sun 26/12/04 at 16:58
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Johhny Depp could pretty much play any part that didn't involve Muscles and Machoism. His range is right up there with Pitt and Hanks.

This should be good. I only hope they use him as well as he could be used in such a crazy film. With Burton at the helm, I'm not that worried.

BIG FISH, anyone?

Insane.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.