GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It's time to put on a lock!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/05/01 at 22:12
Regular
There's too many topics being posted (this being one of them!) and they just clog up the forum and increase the need for Popping.

Some people are posting up to 6 topics a day!
I think that SR should lock it so there can only be one topic posted a day per member.

That way people would be more careful before they posted to make sure that it was worthwhile posting and that it had everything they wanted.

Then we'd have a much tidier forum :-)

Mon 14/05/01 at 22:12
Regular
There's too many topics being posted (this being one of them!) and they just clog up the forum and increase the need for Popping.

Some people are posting up to 6 topics a day!
I think that SR should lock it so there can only be one topic posted a day per member.

That way people would be more careful before they posted to make sure that it was worthwhile posting and that it had everything they wanted.

Then we'd have a much tidier forum :-)

Mon 14/05/01 at 22:22
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Fog is a bit to clogged up(me being the one doing most of the clogging!).

Buts its annoying when you do type a ok topic but no one reads it because of all the other pointless ones.

I don't aggree with the one topic a day thing though, some people have a lot to say and wouldn't like it.
Mon 14/05/01 at 22:31
If you think a topics pointless then dont reply to it.

Then I'll get bored and post my pointless views in reply to a quality post started by someone else!!

Maybe things are better left as they are, although your point is valid.
Mon 14/05/01 at 22:41
Regular
"I like cheese"
I wouldn't say FOG is getting clogged up.

More people join everyday, which leads to more topics.

Also, is there such thing as 'pointless topics.' Yes, we get the very rare post that has no point whatsoever, but most topics are to do with something, normally something that we can all reply to.

Some topics are funny, some informative, some argumentative and some are just their for fun (WLT).

I don't think there's a problem with topics.
Mon 14/05/01 at 22:47
Regular
"A square watermelon"
I don't think there's a problem with topics either. After this whole arguement, I think some people may be careful about how many topics they post from now on, so as not to annoy people, but otherwise it's fine.
Agreed that two topics on the same subject is annoying, because it splits up the replies, but couldn't we just tell people to avoid this if the topic's still "living"
Mon 14/05/01 at 22:50
Regular
I would just like to say:

I had to start two topics today, Ant had a go at me, so i had to apolgise to him.

The thread i started the other day about the most expensive round, i dont remember starting it, can i be excused?
Mon 14/05/01 at 22:51
Regular
"I like cheese"
Your Honour wrote:
> I would just like to say:

I had to start two topics today, Ant
> had a go at me, so i had to apolgise to him.

The thread i started
> the other day about the most expensive round, i dont remember
> starting it, can i be excused?

I was kidding around!! Notice the Pringles face I wrote after it.

{:)
Mon 14/05/01 at 22:53
Regular
I know!

I was only messing around. Shall i start another to apologise for this as well?

:-)
Mon 14/05/01 at 22:55
Regular
"I like cheese"
Your Honour wrote:
> I know!

I was only messing around. Shall i start another to
> apologise for this as well?

>:-)

Yes. Do it now.

{:)
Mon 14/05/01 at 22:58
Regular
Ok, you asked for it!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.