GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"One dragon the english couldn't slay"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/12/04 at 16:07
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Some small revenge for the good ol' USA against Europe as once again we win the Mosconi cup (that's the pool equivalent to the Ryder cup to the uneducated) with our Korean ringer Charlie *the dragon* Williams giving poor old Stevie Davis a whooping and bringing the cup back to America. Victory made even sweeter as they did it on European soil and shut them up after getting some fake hope when Ortmann beat Earl 'The Pearl' Strickland.

Least we got a couple of classic Earl moments during the tournament. Wouldn't be a pool championship without Earl whining to the ref about the crowd.
Tue 28/12/04 at 00:22
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I think it's more to do with the fact that the Americans are better at 9-ball than the Europeans. If it was the Americans against the Rest of the World, it would be an interesting encounter...
Tue 28/12/04 at 00:14
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
No wonder we kept whooping you so bad, those 2 probably thought they were playing 8 ball snooker with how sloshed they probably were by the time their games came around :-D
Tue 28/12/04 at 00:13
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Heh, I preferred the earlier format better. It meant it was more likely to end at 2 in the morning and everyone was just having fun. The Europeans had Alex Higgins and Jimmy White on their team, for goodness sake. :D
Mon 27/12/04 at 23:51
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Grandprix wrote:
> The first European win was my favourite.

the 11-1 drubbing was my favourite strangely enough :-D
Mon 27/12/04 at 20:40
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I've watched the Mosconi cup every year it's been on. The first European win was my favourite. It went so late into the night and the bartender was great. Bring back the bartender! It's far more serious an occasion now.
Mon 27/12/04 at 20:36
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Dringo wrote:
> Steve Davis got into the final of something??
>
> Good God.

No it's like the Ryder Cup where players alternate. Davis lost and the USA got the required points to win the trophy
Mon 27/12/04 at 20:28
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Dammit! I missed this :(

I saw it was on and then forgot to watch it.
Mon 27/12/04 at 18:27
Regular
Snooker is a far smarter game than Pool. That's just a pub game.

It's like football with just the one goal...

Kinda naff really.

Steve Davis got into the final of something??

Good God.
Fri 24/12/04 at 17:51
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I've played both and snooker is better to play but i find it dull to watch. I like the quick action of pool and all the characters in it
Fri 24/12/04 at 17:49
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
As somebody that played snooker as a kid all the time, I am definitely siding with Snooker on this one. Good stuff.

Oh, and munn, when you qoute an < or an > it doesn't show for some reason.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.