GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"One dragon the english couldn't slay"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/12/04 at 16:07
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Some small revenge for the good ol' USA against Europe as once again we win the Mosconi cup (that's the pool equivalent to the Ryder cup to the uneducated) with our Korean ringer Charlie *the dragon* Williams giving poor old Stevie Davis a whooping and bringing the cup back to America. Victory made even sweeter as they did it on European soil and shut them up after getting some fake hope when Ortmann beat Earl 'The Pearl' Strickland.

Least we got a couple of classic Earl moments during the tournament. Wouldn't be a pool championship without Earl whining to the ref about the crowd.
Mon 20/12/04 at 16:07
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Some small revenge for the good ol' USA against Europe as once again we win the Mosconi cup (that's the pool equivalent to the Ryder cup to the uneducated) with our Korean ringer Charlie *the dragon* Williams giving poor old Stevie Davis a whooping and bringing the cup back to America. Victory made even sweeter as they did it on European soil and shut them up after getting some fake hope when Ortmann beat Earl 'The Pearl' Strickland.

Least we got a couple of classic Earl moments during the tournament. Wouldn't be a pool championship without Earl whining to the ref about the crowd.
Mon 20/12/04 at 20:02
Regular
"The Red Shift"
That was true Sky Sports filler...

:p

Come back to us once the US learn to play snooker.
:D
Fri 24/12/04 at 12:20
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Filler? So what's golf then? :-D

Everyone knows Pool > Snooker.
Fri 24/12/04 at 15:11
Regular
> Everyone knows Pool Snooker.

*Slap*
Fri 24/12/04 at 15:30
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Please Pool's far more exciting than Snooker and has alot more characters in it.

*slaps back and smacks with handbag*
Fri 24/12/04 at 15:35
Regular
Forza wrote:
> Everyone knows Pool Snooker.
>
> *Slap*

That's the second time I've seen you quote something with an ">" in it, and it's disappeared.

Snooker is far far far far better than pool, but I don't like playing it, because you need to keep the score, and I'm too lazy to do that, so playing pool is better.
Fri 24/12/04 at 17:49
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
As somebody that played snooker as a kid all the time, I am definitely siding with Snooker on this one. Good stuff.

Oh, and munn, when you qoute an < or an > it doesn't show for some reason.
Fri 24/12/04 at 17:51
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I've played both and snooker is better to play but i find it dull to watch. I like the quick action of pool and all the characters in it
Mon 27/12/04 at 18:27
Regular
Snooker is a far smarter game than Pool. That's just a pub game.

It's like football with just the one goal...

Kinda naff really.

Steve Davis got into the final of something??

Good God.
Mon 27/12/04 at 20:28
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Dammit! I missed this :(

I saw it was on and then forgot to watch it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.