GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No. Goddamit no."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 17/12/04 at 18:09
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
A remake of John Carpenter's "Assault on Precinct 13"
Except you don't need to watch this t**d, because the trailer gives it all away. Even though the plot is significantly different to the original.
Yep, police station surrounded.
Yep, people outside trying to kill those inside.

But the trailer tells you exactly what this new version is about:

Morpheus "Do you...know who I am?"
Ethan Teen "Cop Killer"
Tearful Woman "Why are cops outside trying to kill us?"
Morpheus "Because I cannot go to trial, they will kill us all"

??????????????
What's the point of having the entire plot explained in a trailer?
And why cops? The original still bears repeated viewing, starting with the assaulters shooting a little girl in the chest when she runs back to the ice-cream van (bet your ass that won't be in the new version).
Stupid trailer-voice man has just saved me £5
Sat 18/12/04 at 19:21
Regular
Carpenter's also agreed to a remake of 'The Fog'.

In some ways I think that could be quite intresting. The original was good but I thought it could have done a whole lot more with the story to be honest.
Sat 18/12/04 at 19:12
Regular
I was amazed at how they had recreated his acting skill in Escape From Butcher Bay, it was just like watching him in a film.
Sat 18/12/04 at 18:34
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Vin diesel uses the same expression and tone for everything.
Sat 18/12/04 at 18:26
Regular
Not really :0x

At least Vin isn't a porker who doesn't have the "look" for such a role. And the fact that they're dumping a bunch of rappers other than Ice Cube himself in there just makes it look worse. The only half-decent, although unrealistic bit was those guys storming the White House. Shame that Samuel L Jackson and Willem Dafoe are associated with what will clearly be a huge, steaming pile of cack.

Torque 2, anyone?

Oh, and I read that the rejected script for xXx2 (don't make me laugh!) will be used for xXx3...
Sat 18/12/04 at 18:24
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Still, at least Ice Cube can act better than Vin Diesel.
Sat 18/12/04 at 17:51
Regular
"We are the dead"
Reefer wrote:
> I think it looks watchable. If you want worse, check out the xXx2
> trailer -
> [URL]http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/xxx-stateoftheunion/large.html[/URL]

Ahahaha.

It went "From the director of Die Another Day", and then moments later, there's a speedboat on a river hitting a ramp.

Sound familiar?

(The little black stealth speedboat hitting the ramp on the Thames was from DAD - wasn't it?)
Sat 18/12/04 at 16:19
Regular
I think it looks watchable. If you want worse, check out the xXx2 trailer - [URL]http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/xxx-stateoftheunion/large.html[/URL]
Sat 18/12/04 at 15:38
Regular
"Who Hell He?"
I think John Carpenters early movies are classics but he hasn't made a good one since Big Trouble In Little China (Prince Of Darkness makes me shudder for all the wrong reasons....eeugh)
Sat 18/12/04 at 13:05
Regular
I remember the original being reasonable at best. It didn't stand out to me as a great film. Not like his other classics, Escape from New York and The Thing.

And after that terrible 'Ghosts of Mars' I think Carpenter is starting to lose the plot a little.
Sat 18/12/04 at 12:56
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
cipro wrote:
> What I loved about the original where the "Assaulters"
> themselves. Drug crazed, zombified madmen who didn't batter an eyelid
> at shooting children, or cops or anyone else stupid enough to get
> their way. They never once spoke, adding to the mystery as to why
> they where at Precinct 13 and why they sacrificed so many of their
> own to get in. These where evil, scary people, making that last stand
> off all the more tense.
-------

That was my point, thanks for explaining to the finger-readers here calmer than I could.
The villains in the original just shoot a little in the chest for no reason. You think "What the...?" and they just carry on their assault with no thought for their own safety.

Not "rogue cops" trying to kill Morpheus to prevent his trial etc.
That'd be bad enough, but to explain this stupid new plot in the trailer means, even if you're stupid enough to want to watch this, there's no point.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.