GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What the hell..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/12/04 at 08:32
Regular
[URL]http://xbox.ign.com/articles/573/573241p1.html[/URL]

That has to be the most stupid thing I have ever read. Imagine if they did this with Fifa games, NHL and NBA games? This is madness, ESPN 2K5 is better than any Madden game before it and pretty much any sports game before it, absolutely amazing game to play. I can't believe EA have done this, they are becoming the Microsoft of the games industry and I don't like it because 90% of their games suck serious ass. They better not screw up Madden 2006 otherwise I will screw them up the ass.

What a fricking joke.
Tue 04/01/05 at 14:50
Regular
"PS 2 Fool"
Just been into a computer game shop in brentwood and they have ESPN 2k5 for the PS 2 for sale NOW, but not on the Xbox!

Anyone else seen this for sale? I didn't think it was out yet?
Fri 17/12/04 at 14:15
Regular
"8==="
EA can have every sports game for all I care.

Not a single one's worth full price.
Fri 17/12/04 at 12:46
Regular
"PS 2 Fool"
So you'd like to think the makers of ESPN would have thought that through, really, and maybe released their game at the same time? As you said, not many people will buy ESPN who already have Madden, and with Madden being out at the right time to grab peoples attention, that's the one that will sell.

I don't think this is something EA should be "attacked" because of - sounds to me more like they've got a very good and sensible marketing department.
Fri 17/12/04 at 12:43
Regular
That's because EA mass market their games knowing they will sell. Only people over here who are into American football will consider getting ESPN despite it being on a par/better than Madden. It is the same with Pro Evolution, the US equivalent (Winning Eleven 7) of Pro Evolution 4 won't be out until July/August of next year yet FIFA 2005 was released only a week after the UK release. It makes perfect sense.
Fri 17/12/04 at 12:13
Regular
"PS 2 Fool"
I'm not saying it's inferior. I own both and play ESPN more. My personal opinion, however, is that Madden is a nicer game to play, I just don't feel like I have enough control over the players in ESPN. Madden's ability to view the receivers routes before snapping the ball, and its better defensive play, makes it a tidier game for me. Granted, EPSN has better presentation, but Madden just plays better.

Also, the Create functions in Madden seem nicer - much more depth in how you can create your own players and teams, right down to the stadiums. Nice touch. And the mini-camp is very good, too.

Not over-keen on The Crib - it's an american football game, not "Pimp My Xbox"

My point about the release dates was this - Madden came out over here soon after it came out in the States, and at a good time for sales because it's right in the middle of the NFL season. ESPN will not be out until the season is pretty much over . . .
Fri 17/12/04 at 12:08
Regular
"Touched!"
SteveyBoy wrote:
> If ESPN is so much better than Madden, explain to me why:
>
> 1.) The 2005 version is not even out over here yet, and
>
> 2.) Why the PS version is £19.99, whereas the Xbox version is
> almost TWICE that?

How the hell do any of those two "reasons" make it inferior? Delays happen and pricing doesn't mean it's better or worse.
Fri 17/12/04 at 11:55
Regular
"PS 2 Fool"
If ESPN is so much better than Madden, explain to me why:

1.) The 2005 version is not even out over here yet, and

2.) Why the PS version is £19.99, whereas the Xbox version is almost TWICE that?
Thu 16/12/04 at 08:14
Regular
I'm failing to see how Madden has more depth than ESPN. ESPN everything and the Crib alone takes around 100 hours to unlock everything and that is before you have played franchise mode, taken it online, played first person football, 2 player season. As a package ESPN is more polished and certainly more fun to play.

Tribbers, go grab ESPN 2K4 (last years) on the cheap. I can't explain how much the presentation matters. Sure they can take the gameplay but they go together like hand in glove. Seriously go play you lousy, filthy, hobo of student.
Thu 16/12/04 at 07:05
Regular
Bonus wrote:
> EA can afford to buy out the industry because fools buy their games
> thinking they are good because EA make them.

You'd think people had learned by now...
Wed 15/12/04 at 20:26
Regular
The games industry is a money making business.

EA can afford to buy out the industry because fools buy their games thinking they are good because EA make them.

EA are a hellish company who are currently being sued by their programmers for poor treatment practises. If they win, EAs productivity will take a hit, they will actually have to start paying programmers overtime.

They need to start making new revenue available to just them :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.