GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What the hell..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/12/04 at 08:32
Regular
[URL]http://xbox.ign.com/articles/573/573241p1.html[/URL]

That has to be the most stupid thing I have ever read. Imagine if they did this with Fifa games, NHL and NBA games? This is madness, ESPN 2K5 is better than any Madden game before it and pretty much any sports game before it, absolutely amazing game to play. I can't believe EA have done this, they are becoming the Microsoft of the games industry and I don't like it because 90% of their games suck serious ass. They better not screw up Madden 2006 otherwise I will screw them up the ass.

What a fricking joke.
Wed 15/12/04 at 08:32
Regular
[URL]http://xbox.ign.com/articles/573/573241p1.html[/URL]

That has to be the most stupid thing I have ever read. Imagine if they did this with Fifa games, NHL and NBA games? This is madness, ESPN 2K5 is better than any Madden game before it and pretty much any sports game before it, absolutely amazing game to play. I can't believe EA have done this, they are becoming the Microsoft of the games industry and I don't like it because 90% of their games suck serious ass. They better not screw up Madden 2006 otherwise I will screw them up the ass.

What a fricking joke.
Wed 15/12/04 at 08:52
Regular
"tokyo police club"
It doesn't mean there'll be no more American Football games - it just means they won't be licensed.

And they want to do wit with the NBA too? Get ready for a load of games starring Jamie Lebrone.
Wed 15/12/04 at 09:16
Regular
ESPN games have stunning presentation, better than any other franchise or game out there.

With all this stripped from them there is no way they could go on and make another in the series.. Like an artist without a brush I very much doubt they can develop anything without a license, despite the awesome game physics/mechanics.
Wed 15/12/04 at 09:21
Regular
I'm not big into American Football games, but surely licenses aren't everything - look at Pro Evo for example.
Wed 15/12/04 at 10:27
Regular
You haven't played an ESPN NFL game before I take it?
Wed 15/12/04 at 10:33
Regular
I haven't played an American Football game since the Mega Drive days.

Which would explain why I'm most probably way off the point here!
Wed 15/12/04 at 11:16
Regular
Basically it is like watching it on TV, a crazy amount of attention is based on the license only the gameplay lives up to this so it pulls it off in one amazing package. I just don't know where they would take it without all the ESPN trimmings and license. Fifa games don't even come close as a comparison yet it is probably the nearest example.
Wed 15/12/04 at 17:11
Regular
"tokyo police club"
FIFA is presentation, Pro is style

Why can't someone just make a genius American Football game with fake players?
Wed 15/12/04 at 18:33
Regular
"PS 2 Fool"
I've owned every single Madden game, right back to the days on the MegaDrive, and I also own ESPN Football 2K4 on the PlayStation.

I have to say, ESPN does seem a little better than Madden.

BUT - all in all, for pure depth in the game and for features, Madden is still King. Will EA Sports screw it up? Of course they won't, they haven't done before so what makes you so sure they will now?

EA Sports, and Madden, have always been King Of The Grid-iron. Yes, it's a bit of a shame that they've signed this deal with the NFL, but let's be honest - it's all about making money, and the NFL has certainly made shedloads of that!

I say congratualtions, EA, on a great steal, and bring on Madden 2006 - and that PlayMakers: Blitz should be superb if it's true to the TV series . . . .
Wed 15/12/04 at 20:20
"I love yo... lamp."
ESPN NHL Hockey is divine. I think I said that in a review of it as well. Go read it foo's.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.