GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Decent online games?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Counter-Strike: Source'.
Wed 15/12/04 at 16:09
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Now I'm broadband, what are some decent online games?
Been playing CS:Source all afternoon, last hour with Germans shouting at me via voice comm which was very odd to learn I can irritate in a different language.
Fri 17/12/04 at 08:25
Regular
Unreal Tournament games aren't for everyone though, more of an aquired taste as you really have to be in a no-brainer mood to get the most out of them.

2004 is excellent but at times I will play it, kill a few people and just think, can't be jacked to plat this anymore and I go for something more involved like CS: Source. The vehicles are excellent, the maps are 'plentyful' and superbly designed and overall it is a seriously kick ass title. No other FPS in this mould even comes close to what Unreal Tournament 2004 achieves for online play.
Fri 17/12/04 at 03:01
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Goatboy - without a doubt Unreal Tournament 2004, is one of the best online games of all time, that is the sole reason i got broadband - (back in the day when I was finacinally independent anyway) and spent many many many hours going head to head with the best and the worst that the internet could offer.

If you ever meet a german UT2004 player called "bendrr" - I strongly suggest you fall out of the game into first person spectator mode and marvel at the sheer skill of the guy/girl.The ELO ranking system used in UT2004 is also ace - allowing you to compare yourself to 400000 other players worldwide...
Thu 16/12/04 at 20:52
Regular
" Born to ROCK!"
Rainbow Six 3 has a great co-op multiplayer option, where you and some other people can do the missions or just go on a random tango hunt.
Thu 16/12/04 at 16:55
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Don't forget Battlefield 1942. Huge scale online FPS set through a variety of WWII battlefields with dozens of vehicles to operate, massive land, sea and air battles with simple to master controls and huge 64 player servers.

Car surfing, balancing acts of the wings of bombers as they take off or just the smugness of getting into a battleship and blasting a dozen or so people in the air, lots of fun to be had. One of the more accessible online games out there.
Thu 16/12/04 at 16:05
Regular
CS only has real depth if your in a clan and take it seriously. Call of Duty I'd also recommend, it's great fun online and the single player is really realistic.
Thu 16/12/04 at 15:43
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Nah, CS for my shooty frag needs and Star Wars for my relaxing, kill couple hours hassling Wookies for space money.
Thu 16/12/04 at 15:40
Regular
To be honest off the top of my head I can't think on any none CO-OP games that offer more depth than Counter-Strike. Swat 4 will hopefully have online CO-OP and deathmatch which is something to look forward to. Looking quite excellent.
Thu 16/12/04 at 15:40
Regular
"We are the dead"
In that case, then yes.
Call of Duty is all you need.

It's in total contrast to UT really - I feel that there is real depth in its online play.

Father Crilly wrote:
> Anyway, Call of Duty: United Offensive is pretty damn good online
Thu 16/12/04 at 15:37
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yeah, not overly keen on "twitch" gaming though. Used to play UT and just got bored with "Kill! Dead! Kill! Dead!"
CS:Source is good fun, but I want something with a bit more depth.
Need for Speed was a good demo, but I prefer consoles for racing - bought Burnout 3 on Xbox and loving it.

Ta though
Thu 16/12/04 at 15:28
Regular
As stupid as it may sound, Need for Speed Underground on the PC is quite excellent and online it is pretty good fun to play.

Savage: Join the Battle for Neweth is also great fun to play. It is like a mini MMORPG and each game lasts around 1 hour or less. Can have up to 32 vs 32 (or 64 vs 64) and literally you build stuff, kill people, upgrade and then upgrade some more. Completely over looked which is why it has dropped so much in price since being released earlier this year. Highly recommended.

Call of Duty is fantastic online, one of the most enjoyable FPS I have ever played both on and offline.

Unreal Tournament 2004 is also a massive favourite of mine. New CS style mods in the form of SAS on the way, a complete f**k load of maps and modes. Excellent mindless fun.

Rome: Total War is not quite the same online but is still pretty decent all the same.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.