GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Uni Interview Tomorrow (tips/advice)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/12/04 at 15:33
Regular
"SOUP!"
I've got a uni interview for my Journalism course at Edge Hill (before you ask where it is, it's in Ormskirk in Lancashire), meaning I have to get up at 5am (whoopie) and arrive there about 10.

Before I get into a rant about the cost of the trains, I was wondering if anyone can give me any general tips about interviews for unis, preferably with people who have had the experience of having been through one.

I've got general tips like "read the papers before you go in so you can talk about news stories" and "be able to refer to things on your personal statement" - just wondering if anyone could offer me anything else.

Truth be told I'm not nervous as this isn't vital to me. That and I'm uber-cool.

I just got a conditional offer from Central Lancashire (BBB), and have two others in the proverbial bank.

Thanks for any advice thrown my way.

'doX.
Wed 15/12/04 at 00:37
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Paradox: wrote:
> Good!

Guh!?

> I wanna join the rugby team.
>
> and boxing if they offer it.

Oh, they'll offer it alright. They'll probably do every single sport you can imagine, and a few you can't. They're a sports college, basically. That's their bag. It's the place you go to do subjects like Sports Science and Sports Psychology, essentially glorified PE. For people who like to think they're slightly academic.
Tue 14/12/04 at 20:31
Regular
"SOUP!"
I'll ask if you want
Tue 14/12/04 at 20:19
Oh... damn, that was a waste of brain time.
Tue 14/12/04 at 20:11
Regular
"SOUP!"
I've just applied.

I really don't know the history.
Tue 14/12/04 at 20:10
Been getting at me for a while, but now I finally remember! Edge Hill was famous for a battle between the Cavaliers (Charles I) and the... other guys (Cromwell), right?

Good to know I don't forget everything learnt pre-college.
Tue 14/12/04 at 20:09
Regular
"SOUP!"
Should I spell it "winnah" ?
Tue 14/12/04 at 20:08
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Write 'Winner' on your forehead.

Ahahahaha! Quality.
Tue 14/12/04 at 20:05
Regular
"SOUP!"
Good!

I wanna join the rugby team.

and boxing if they offer it.

It's a "vocational" place, which sounds rather lame, but its good for a journalism course because you get elbow-deep in ink and stuff.
Tue 14/12/04 at 19:59
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Don't go to Edge Hill - it's so sports orientated it's a joke. They'll probably force you to take up some kind of physical activity.
Tue 14/12/04 at 19:58
Regular
"SOUP!"
Ormskirk is a teeny little farm-village thingy.

Only 4 people live there.

So it's impossible to get direct trains.

The LOSERS.

I dont know how they expect people to get there for 9.30, I had to ring up and request I arrived at 10 else I'd have to get the 3am train there.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.