GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Topless women"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/11/06 at 19:54
Regular
BBC Article

Danish road safety officials have come up with a novel way of warning motorists about the dangers of speeding - by using topless blonde women.

They have produced a spoof news report where the blondes carry road signs showing the Danish speed limit: 50km/h.

The video - posted on the web - is aimed at grabbing the attention of young male drivers, but feminists say they hate it.

Speeding has been blamed for 25% of road deaths in Denmark.

Julia Pauli of the Danish road safety council told the BBC that the reaction to the Speedbandits video had been mostly positive.

"If you want to reach the young people, you have to communicate on their conditions... So, topless women are working," she said.

She said the advertising campaign had been tested and in the target group it was really positive - more than 50% said they were thinking more about the dangers of speeding when driving.

Asked if the council would consider using a man exposing his bottom to appeal to speeding women drivers, Ms Pauli said: "Maybe. We'll see."

----

What a great way to get the message across, they should not only use this method here, but also expand it into other areas. Use topless blonde women to discourage drink driving, smoking, benefit fraud, etc. I'm sure it'll be a great success :-)
Sun 03/12/06 at 02:42
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Don't tell the coppers - it's another way for them to make money :(
Sun 26/11/06 at 20:01
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Smedlos wrote:
> Wish we had them over here :P

Drive down my road and I'll flash my hairy chest at you ... although that'd probably make people speed up to try and get away.
Sun 26/11/06 at 19:47
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Wish we had them over here :P
Sun 26/11/06 at 17:22
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Ah, yes. So you did!

Sorry. It was an interesting idea though.
Sun 26/11/06 at 17:12
Regular
"I may return"
Rai wrote:
> Also, wouldn't they cause people to get distracted and steer in a
> different direction without knowing it?
>
> ...like on top of the women?

Yeh, that was what I was thinking...
Sun 26/11/06 at 17:08
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Also, wouldn't they cause people to get distracted and steer in a different direction without knowing it?

...like on top of the women?
Sun 26/11/06 at 17:04
Regular
"I need help"
I'd see how many I could knock over :D
Sun 26/11/06 at 16:56
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Seraphim wrote:
> I dont know stop speeding, and encourage perverts!
>
> :P

I don't drive, but if I'd decided to speed (Knowing me, to see how fast a car can go... obviously somewhere and sometime nice and quiet), that would certainly make me start braking! It's a matter of making stuff eye-catching, as I guess it mostly must be men that speed...
Sun 26/11/06 at 16:53
Regular
"I may return"
Rai wrote:
> This probably happens in Sweden already (if The Simpsons has
> taught me anything).

I know what one your talking about :D
Sun 26/11/06 at 16:51
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
This probably happens in Sweden already (if The Simpsons has taught me anything).

In some cases, this sort of 'method' might actually make people slam down harder on the accelerator, instead of slowing down.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.