GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sony HI-MD"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/12/04 at 17:26
"possibly impossible"
So, anyone got one of those new HI-MD Minidisc players?

If so, perhaps you could help me decide whether to get one (over, say, an ipod imitation).

-What is the actual playing time with the battery? (they're never as quoted).

-How easy is it to scroll through albums and get the tracks you want when you have 40 odd albums on your mini-disc.

-Can you save Mp3's to normal minidisc as well on this machine. If so, how much do they store?

I was going down the route of solid state MP3 for a long time, but seeing the 1 Gig MD player, I feel that this is what I need.
Mon 13/12/04 at 17:26
"possibly impossible"
So, anyone got one of those new HI-MD Minidisc players?

If so, perhaps you could help me decide whether to get one (over, say, an ipod imitation).

-What is the actual playing time with the battery? (they're never as quoted).

-How easy is it to scroll through albums and get the tracks you want when you have 40 odd albums on your mini-disc.

-Can you save Mp3's to normal minidisc as well on this machine. If so, how much do they store?

I was going down the route of solid state MP3 for a long time, but seeing the 1 Gig MD player, I feel that this is what I need.
Mon 13/12/04 at 19:11
Regular
Hi-MD?

What's that when its at home?
Mon 13/12/04 at 19:51
"possibly impossible"
It is, Mr Edgy, the new format of Minidisc, giving you 1 Gig of space per disc and allowing you to store about 45 albums in Atrac or MP3 format on the mini disc.

The great thing is that the discs are still cheap, despite being so much bigger than the traditional minidisc. (Argos are currently doing a pack of 3 for £4.99 - that's almost £1 per Gig).
Mon 13/12/04 at 19:53
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Atrac? ARGH!

;^P
Mon 13/12/04 at 19:55
Regular
"Royale with Cheese"
A notable convention...
Mon 13/12/04 at 19:56
"possibly impossible"
Timmargh wrote:
> Atrac? ARGH!
>
> ;^P

Yes, quite. But you can ignore that and store MP3 or WMA instead.
Mon 13/12/04 at 22:04
Regular
"I'm Great."
They sound pretty good to me but then I'm not too hot on MP3 players and that but still sounds pretty good. Been thinking about getting something to replace my personal cd player.

Any cahnce of a link to one of these HI-MD player please, PB?
Mon 13/12/04 at 22:12
"possibly impossible"
Cid Vilante wrote:
> Any chance of a link to one of these HI-MD player please, PB?

Your wish is my command*
[URL]http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/192.html[/URL]

*obviously, only if you wish for a link to a website, I'm not a bloody genie...
Mon 13/12/04 at 22:17
Regular
Doesnt the quality fall when you record in these long play modes?

price is quite good though, and gotta love that battery life.
Mon 13/12/04 at 22:18
Regular
I'm guessing Hi-MDs wont run on a standard MD hi-fi and walkman...though that in itself is a stupid thing for me to ask...I'm guessing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.