GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Well, here we go......."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/12/04 at 16:05
Regular
"xbox-nation.o-wh.co"
Arsenal v Chelsea
Sun 12/12/04 at 19:43
Regular
"Baros!!!"
That's not the first time Henry has done that. He did it against Villa last season.
Sun 12/12/04 at 19:44
Regular
He done it in the community shield last season against tim howard as well. Think he's done it in the champions league as well.
Sun 12/12/04 at 21:15
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Cybonic Toaster wrote:

> Ive never moaned about that

hmmm where in my post did it say you specifically? Just making a reference to all the arsenal fans i know moaning about having Poll for the match claiming he was biased against them.

> We can still say that

Even though they're just as biased, if not moreso, towards your lot. And we don't have the FA in our pockets either.

> That was much much much worse than Henry's

Not really, Giggs had taken on people, was falling backwards, the ball bobbled and was outside the box. Henry's was bang in front of goal, full balance, about 5 yards out and the ball travelled smoothly along the surface and considering he's meant to be the best player in the world at the moment (yawn) he should have buried it
Mon 13/12/04 at 11:56
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Pires dived everytime he knew he had lost the ball especially for the henry freekick.

I also thought the ref had to blow the whistle when the freekick was about to be taken, but apparently they changed the ruling on that one (which noone seemed to know about). However Mr Poll should have raised his arm and stepped away from the ball, indicating that the freekick was about to be taken, which I didn't see happen?

A fair result in the end, Chelsea looked like far superior and Arsenal defence seem to have gone astray on many of the set pieces.

Hopefully we can do a job tonight however getting a result at Fulham has always been a difficult task for us.
Mon 13/12/04 at 23:16
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
AbsoluT Neó wrote:
> I also thought the ref had to blow the whistle when the freekick was
> about to be taken, but apparently they changed the ruling on that one
> (which noone seemed to know about). However Mr Poll should have
> raised his arm and stepped away from the ball, indicating that the
> freekick was about to be taken, which I didn't see happen?

Well apparently the rule reads that the referee can indicate the taking of the free kick by blowing his whistle, raising his arm or a word in the ear. That seems fair to the defensive team doesn't it, i mean who can't hear the ref whispering to the free kick taker *quick lad the keeps is out of position have a crack* when there are thousands of fans around the pitch. Need some hearing aids that Chelsea lot
Mon 13/12/04 at 23:54
Regular
"es argh"
AbsoluT Neó wrote:
> Pires dived everytime he knew he had lost the ball

Earth-shattering breaking news!

Pires vs Pompey is still etched on my mind.
Mon 13/12/04 at 23:57
Regular
free kick is supposed to be an advantage to the attacking team. If the defending team has all the time in the world to set it up perfectly it takes a perfect strike to get it in the goal, and the defender would always rather give a foul.
Tue 14/12/04 at 10:26
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
The ref should wait until at least the keeper is in position in the goal otherwise he may as well pick up the ball take it back to the halfway spot and give the attacking team a goal anyway.
Tue 14/12/04 at 11:24
Regular
"AFC 4EVA"
lalakersrule wrote:
> The ref should wait until at least the keeper is in position in the
> goal otherwise he may as well pick up the ball take it back to the
> halfway spot and give the attacking team a goal anyway.

agreed the ref was out of line to let Henry take the freekick early, there was no way cech was going to save that and in my opinion the ref screwed Chelsea out of 3 points, the other 3 goals were good though.
Tue 14/12/04 at 13:20
Regular
"Colourless"
Reading Poll's column in the telegraph this morning, he said that the advantage should go to the team who have been offended against. Well we didn't commit a foul, Pires dived - so why did we not get the advantage.

Another interesting thing Poll said, was that if the ball had struck Gudjohnsen while he was standing there, he would not have been booked and play would have continued....

YES THAT'S RIGHT, I READ THE TELEGRAPH :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.