GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Well, here we go......."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/12/04 at 16:05
Regular
"xbox-nation.o-wh.co"
Arsenal v Chelsea
Sat 18/12/04 at 21:45
Regular
I suppose he just forgets which job he is doing sometimes...

[URL]http://www.eaststanders.com/Images/BobDive.jpg[/URL]
Wed 15/12/04 at 17:27
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Well, here I go!

Robert Pires dived, yes, he did. Looking at the replay again, you can see quite clearly that neither one of the TWO Chelsea players even attempted any sort of contact with their legs (although, this is, as you may've come to expect from now, only proven in angles invisible to the man-in-black, at the time).

He was always going into that situation looking for an easy advantage - as would have any other attacking player that close to the 18-yard box. Not that he should be rewarded or praised for his "intelligence" or anything; it's just that it can be interperated as a very clever thing to do, however many laws of the game it may break.

Speaking of which, I was disgusted to see another referee give Thierry Henry and Arsénal a ludicrously unfair advantage in a situation where time and positioning was already on their side!

I don't care whether he was meant to blow his whistle, walk away, wave his arm and smile for the cameras or what... This is clearly tinkering with the laws of the game, and we all know it!

Who is the referee to do that!? That's FIFA's job, surely...
But, of course, it was Arsénal, after all. One of the Premier League's top 3. Oooooh... Don't want to get on the wrong side of their fans infront of the media, now, do you! :P

Every manager spends several hours a week putting a lot of thought and physical effort into preparing these kind of situations, as they know and have seen how even a sinle mistake can flip the match over on its head.
But... What's the point if, when playing Arsénal (or, any other top-team, for that matter), something like this can be allowed to happen?

What gives Chelsea (the defending team) any less of a right to put their own preparations into practice as Arsénal (the attacking team)?

Have we suddenly seen the book on "fair play" in our once-beatiful game carelessly tossed out the window in favour personal gain and satisfaction?

---

Peter Cech is also set for a three-game ban now, after his comments critisising the referee on this matter... And rightfully so! Someone with a voice has to stand-up and say something! It's still a shame more will not follow...

Perhaps calling him an "Arsenal fan" was taking it just a little too far, but the principle was still there. The referee was very wrong. Yet, the player gets the blame...? This is getting rediculous, just when I thought there was a chance sensible thinking could be restored in part to the FA! :@

So, next time Thierry Henry steps up for a penalty kick, should the ref' ask for the 'keeper to step-aside so not to make things too difficult on poor, old, fallen Arsénal?!?

(And before you Arsenal fans get all hot in the head with me, I admit the officials have been in United's favour in the past, and still are, at times. That doesn't make this wrong a Right though!)
Wed 15/12/04 at 16:30
Regular
"Colourless"
or†ega wrote:
> Pires didnt really dive, he just went down easy.

No, he dived.... :)

Robben dives all the time, but he never gets booked... Hopefully one day he will, and then he'll learn....
Wed 15/12/04 at 13:00
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
And in Ronaldo's defence doing 4920 stepovers while taking on a defender would unbalance even the most skilled tight-rope walker :-D
Tue 14/12/04 at 23:03
Regular
Pires didnt really dive, he just went down easy.

Ronaldo goes down as easy as well, but becasue of how agile and quickly he turns away from people, it looks like a dive nearly all the time.

Vieira's dive was on another level.
Tue 14/12/04 at 22:35
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Obviously not watched the past few Arsenal games then
Tue 14/12/04 at 13:33
Regular
I find it funny how Ronaldo did the most blatent dive i've seen in ages (okay about 2 weeks) and nobody says a thing!
Tue 14/12/04 at 13:20
Regular
"Colourless"
Reading Poll's column in the telegraph this morning, he said that the advantage should go to the team who have been offended against. Well we didn't commit a foul, Pires dived - so why did we not get the advantage.

Another interesting thing Poll said, was that if the ball had struck Gudjohnsen while he was standing there, he would not have been booked and play would have continued....

YES THAT'S RIGHT, I READ THE TELEGRAPH :)
Tue 14/12/04 at 11:24
Regular
"AFC 4EVA"
lalakersrule wrote:
> The ref should wait until at least the keeper is in position in the
> goal otherwise he may as well pick up the ball take it back to the
> halfway spot and give the attacking team a goal anyway.

agreed the ref was out of line to let Henry take the freekick early, there was no way cech was going to save that and in my opinion the ref screwed Chelsea out of 3 points, the other 3 goals were good though.
Tue 14/12/04 at 10:26
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
The ref should wait until at least the keeper is in position in the goal otherwise he may as well pick up the ball take it back to the halfway spot and give the attacking team a goal anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.