GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"is their any n64 hackers still around?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/12/04 at 19:56
Regular
"thepoolplayer"
is their any n64 hackers still around?

cos i know n64 old now but life still goes on ...
Mon 20/12/04 at 17:44
Regular
"thepoolplayer"
im a good golden eye hacker i got some cool codes (AR)
Mon 20/12/04 at 10:32
Regular
The only thing I remember doing similar to this was on the Game Boy.

Using the "Xploder GB" (or something) that allowed you to 'train' the game into creating new codes.

All I ever managed to do was make Mario slide around on the ground at about 5x his normal speed.
Sun 19/12/04 at 23:05
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
The goldeneye hackers are genius.
Sun 19/12/04 at 22:59
Regular
"hit the road jack"
A recent-ish NGC article had them putting their own faces onto multiplayer Goldeneye characters.. in all their squareness.
Sun 19/12/04 at 19:16
Regular
"thepoolplayer"
That why its much fun and easy to find them on the n64

......At last i found someone that know what im talking about!! !! !! !! !!
Sun 19/12/04 at 18:14
Regular
"-_-"
chippy add me on msn :) [email protected]
ive been around :D mainly playing on online games :O
Sun 19/12/04 at 17:46
"Majestic"
Yes, i used to do it with the Megadrive. It was quite hard actually. Say if you wanted infinite lives you would have to tell the Action Reply that you start off with 3 lives (or whatever you started off with) by typing in the number 3. Then you'd have to power the game up, and lose a life. You'd then go back into the Action reply, and type in 2. Action reply will start off with 5000+ possible codes, but this 5000 will quickly whittle down to match what you are actually doing to the game. If you didn't have a low enough number of codes to test you'd have to go back into the game and lose 2 life's (and put down number 1) or gain a life from the default number (and put down number 4).

By clever process of elimination, you are able to find a specific cheat in around 10 to 20 minutes.

You could find cheats for health by typing in variable percentages, find cheats for weapons, ammo, and a whole host of other things. You could even find cheats to acquire items in RPG's which took some doing, but was worth it in the end.

At the end of the day though, if you cannot play the game without cheating, then you shouldn't be playing in the first place. I enjoyed the cheating days of the Megadrive, but i only used to find codes once I'd completed the game - so in hindsight, Action Reply added more reply value to every title.

Nowadays cheat cartridges don't allow for finding your own codes - instead you have to wait for them to officially release the codes, which is why Action Reply now suck.
Sun 19/12/04 at 16:13
Regular
"thepoolplayer"
Ninjax wrote:
> gareth64 wrote:
> ok then i guess you lot sre too old or too _________ to do this sort
> of stuff? ok no code searcher here
>
> i have an action replay 4 the 64 but i never tried to type in random
> codes to see if it was a cheat! A bit geeky if u ask me!

NOT random. do u know what i mean? or im trying to say?
Sun 19/12/04 at 12:23
Regular
"boom boom click"
gareth64 wrote:
> ok then i guess you lot sre too old or too _________ to do this sort
> of stuff? ok no code searcher here

i have an action replay 4 the 64 but i never tried to type in random codes to see if it was a cheat! A bit geeky if u ask me!
Sun 19/12/04 at 00:45
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Domaye wrote:
> chipseh did you used to be microchips? if so havewnt seen you in a
> year and a bit...

Yep, it's me alright. I've been here, where've you been? :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.