GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"METALLICA or PANTERA???"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/12/04 at 03:17
Regular
which is the best? You decide!!!!
Mon 13/12/04 at 20:50
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> I prefer Metallica. They have sold more records, and they did more.
> They branched out and tried new things. Regardless of what you think
> of S&M, you'd never have heard Pantera do something like that.

:-D
Mon 13/12/04 at 20:45
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Planet Caravan, as in the song by Black Sabbath? :S
Mon 13/12/04 at 19:24
Regular
"Who Hell He?"
yeah but Planet Caravan was cool...maaaaaaaaaaan!
Mon 13/12/04 at 16:01
"I love yo... lamp."
I prefer Metallica. They have sold more records, and they did more. They branched out and tried new things. Regardless of what you think of S&M, you'd never have heard Pantera do something like that.
Mon 13/12/04 at 15:30
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Kibitzer wrote:
> Very_Metal wrote:
> the best in terms of sales and influence.
>
> What's the relevance of saying that?

because it's one of the ways metallica could be seen to be the best band. my point was that even though metallica were around longer, sold more records and influenced more people, personally i still prefer pantera.
if you're trying to decide something, it's obviously best to consider as many angles as possible, so it was totally relevent.
if i'd written "the beatles were best", THEN you'd have a point... and i'd also be very very wrong :)
Mon 13/12/04 at 13:20
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Very_Metal wrote:
> the best in terms of sales and influence.

What's the relevance of saying that?
Mon 13/12/04 at 12:38
Regular
"..."
gaybys wrote:
> Banging my head off the table is more pleasurable than listening to
> either.

I agree with gaybys (note the lack of capital 'G')
Mon 13/12/04 at 12:01
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Metallica, until the black album. They were the first thrash band to become popular, and they haven't made any true thrash since 1988. Pantera were good, but I'm not too big a fan of their style.
Mon 13/12/04 at 08:47
Regular
"you've got a beard"
hmmmm, speaking objectively, i'd say Metallica were the best band in terms of sales and influence.

personally, i'd say everything after the black album was gash and Pantera pretty much rocked consistantly. i lke them both, but would rather listen to pantera, it's heavier and Lars isn't in it.
Sun 12/12/04 at 22:49
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Banging my head off the table is more pleasurable than listening to either.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.