GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Japanese DS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 17/12/04 at 11:20
"Majestic"
Well, after waiting 2 weeks for my DS to arrive from a US seller, we have both come to the conclusion that it has been stolen en-route. (or that he never had it in the first place!) If nothing happens today, i'm getting a full refund.

Now I only have one very hectic week to get a DS before Christmas. I'm thinking about gbax.com, but it has no Metroid demo, which is a shame. Does anybody here have a Japanese DS? If so, can you turn in to proper English? I don't want a DS in part English, and part Japanese Symbols.

Just be my luck that I'll order a Japanese DS, and I'll get a dead pixel, or a Wi-Fi problem, i may have to bite the bullet, and wait till after Christmas. Its just a damn shame I have 2 DS games here, and no DS.

Do'h !
Fri 17/12/04 at 11:44
"Majestic"
Thanken You!

I'll e-mail them after my postman turns up (another hour yet), if he comes without my US DS then I'll get my refund, and e-mail gbax.com - I'm sure the Wi-Fi will be fine.
Fri 17/12/04 at 11:37
Regular
DiscoDexy wrote:
> Pah, i knew you'd say that!

I couldn't help it :'(

> Thanks for the information then, I'll order one from there. Is it
> fast delivery?

Special Delivery by 13:00 next day!

> Also, you say you have 2 DS's - have you tried Wi-Fi multiplayer? I'm
> assuming everything works fine?

Dunno about that yet, the second one is a gift for someone else. I did sneak it out and have a solo bash at Pictochat. It was fun :)

> Cheers ßulle†† !

No prob, just email them first, to make sure they have enough stock. They've had a shedload of backorders to move - understandably!
Fri 17/12/04 at 11:32
"Majestic"
 ßulle†† wrote:
> p.s. gbax.com chuck in a free UK charger too. Can't be bad!

I bought a UK charger ages ago, to coincide with the US delivery of my DS...!

Sods law.
Fri 17/12/04 at 11:31
"Majestic"
ßulle†† wrote:
> Oh and finally, go ahead, bite me :P

Pah, i knew you'd say that!

Thanks for the information then, I'll order one from there. Is it fast delivery?

Also, you say you have 2 DS's - have you tried Wi-Fi multiplayer? I'm assuming everything works fine?

Cheers ßulle†† !
Fri 17/12/04 at 11:28
Regular
p.s. gbax.com chuck in a free UK charger too. Can't be bad!
Fri 17/12/04 at 11:28
Regular
Double Post.

But which one?!?!11 That one? *points up* or that one?? *points down*

I know, you don't give a toss.
Fri 17/12/04 at 11:27
Regular
Get one.

My second DS came the other day from gbax.com. They include directional instructions on how to change the language to english. Really easy.

And who reads console manuals? Really? There's absolutely no difference with the machine except the sticker on the back has some Jap writing where the US has the obvious English.

And Metroid is out soon anyway. You're not missing much with the demo!

Oh and finally, go ahead, bite me :P
Fri 17/12/04 at 11:24
You'll be able to convert it to English. Japanese manual though, and different packaging. That's it.
Fri 17/12/04 at 11:20
"Majestic"
Well, after waiting 2 weeks for my DS to arrive from a US seller, we have both come to the conclusion that it has been stolen en-route. (or that he never had it in the first place!) If nothing happens today, i'm getting a full refund.

Now I only have one very hectic week to get a DS before Christmas. I'm thinking about gbax.com, but it has no Metroid demo, which is a shame. Does anybody here have a Japanese DS? If so, can you turn in to proper English? I don't want a DS in part English, and part Japanese Symbols.

Just be my luck that I'll order a Japanese DS, and I'll get a dead pixel, or a Wi-Fi problem, i may have to bite the bullet, and wait till after Christmas. Its just a damn shame I have 2 DS games here, and no DS.

Do'h !

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.