GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ipod or not"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/12/04 at 20:23
"everyone must die!"
should i get an ipod for my 600-700 songs that are on my comp. If so what ipod but if not what other mp3/jukebox etc.
Fri 17/12/04 at 09:42
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> iPod, an inferior product with better marketing.
>
> Some companies know what's important.

Personally have owned:

iRiver HP140
Creative "Brick" Zen
iPod Mini
iPod 20GB

Out of the above 4, the iRiver rocks and has a lot more in the way of features and file support, but styled too much like an old skool remote control. It's heavy, bulky and the UI on it is aweful.

Anything made by creative is aweful. The build qulity is crap and it all feels unfinished ans plasticy.

The iPod is a clever piece of marketing, but then it was the worlds first HDD based music player and Apple hav had 4 years to refine it. Indeed it is over priced, but we're talking Apple here, it comes with the territory. Besides all of that, it's a well designed piece of kit. The UI is flawless and very well thought out, the build quality is perfect and the software rocks.

My only complaint is the nightmre installing one on a PC for the first time, especially due to windows being crap at assigning drive letters to it. (long story)

Smaller flash based players are pointless. You can pay up to £200 just for a 512MB! Why when you can pay about the same for 20GB?

iPod definalty does it for me. I've probably got more iPods per head in my house than any other place in the UK.

Only other MP3 player worth concidering is the iAudio M3 20GB, if you can find one.
Thu 16/12/04 at 21:50
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Raaaaar.

Playstations.
Thu 16/12/04 at 21:10
Regular
"not dead"
iPod, an inferior product with better marketing.

Some companies know what's important.
Thu 16/12/04 at 17:34
Regular
"313>>>ukchatforums"
Phi11ip wrote:
-
-
Oh my, a newbie with common sense.

*shocked*
-
-

*Takes a bow*
Thu 16/12/04 at 13:41
Regular
"and PC user"
ipods cost too much, and there quite large really. If I did get a MP3 player, it would be a very small one. They appear to last longer on battery too.
Wed 15/12/04 at 23:08
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Oh my, a newbie with common sense.

*shocked*
Wed 15/12/04 at 21:49
Regular
"313>>>ukchatforums"
Wasn't planning on getting one.
Wed 15/12/04 at 21:37
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Don't buy one then.
Wed 15/12/04 at 20:32
Regular
"313>>>ukchatforums"
ipod=waste of money
Wed 15/12/04 at 11:10
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
cookie monster wrote:
> Perhaps if it actually took photos i could see a purpose.

I agree, I'm just spending ludicrous amounts of money at the moment on stuff I really don't need;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.