GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
":-("

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/12/04 at 12:34
Regular
"SOUP!"
My lessons have all been cancelled today because a guy who used to go to our school died in a pretty big car accident and ploughed through the wall of a pub.

It pretty much sucks, despite the fact I didn't really know the guy, the whole atmosphere is totally messed up.

I'm saddened but I'm not too sure why, perhaps it's because other people are sad about it.

Some people cried just to fit in, people who didnt even know him, that annoyed me.
Thu 09/12/04 at 12:34
Regular
"SOUP!"
My lessons have all been cancelled today because a guy who used to go to our school died in a pretty big car accident and ploughed through the wall of a pub.

It pretty much sucks, despite the fact I didn't really know the guy, the whole atmosphere is totally messed up.

I'm saddened but I'm not too sure why, perhaps it's because other people are sad about it.

Some people cried just to fit in, people who didnt even know him, that annoyed me.
Thu 09/12/04 at 12:36
Regular
"..."
That annoys me too. I wouldn't shed a tear for someone I didn't know, it would make me feel insincere and if it had been the other way round and I was dead, I certainly wouldn't want anyone I did't know crying for me.
Thu 09/12/04 at 12:36
Eh? So you're not allowed to feel emotional for someone if you don't know them?
Thu 09/12/04 at 12:38
Regular
"..."
lcarus wrote:
> Eh? So you're not allowed to feel emotional for someone if you don't
> know them?

I'm not sying you're not allowed to, just wouldn't ant to do it myself or have it done in my 'honour'
Thu 09/12/04 at 12:44
Regular
"SOUP!"
I dont think you should cry over someone if you dont know them.

It's not as if it will impact on your life.

I feel sorry for the guy, naturally, but I personally feel sorry for the people I know who are upset, not him, as I didnt know him. If that makes sense.
Thu 09/12/04 at 12:48
Well, crying is just an alternative form for feeling sorry for many.
Thu 09/12/04 at 12:51
Regular
"SOUP!"
Fair point.
Thu 09/12/04 at 13:50
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I'm going to a funeral on Saturday for my next door neighbour who died, which sucks, but I didn't cry when he died even though I knew him fairly well and he was a nice bloke. Possibly if it was more tragic (younger, car accident etc.) I'd be more affected.

When I die I don't want a funeral, though. I'd rather the people who would have paid for it to put their money together and give it to charity or something; possibly something to do with any health problem that led to my death. Or something like that.

Now I've gone way off topic...
Thu 09/12/04 at 13:55
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Dont people cry sometimes when they hear of others misfortunes because it perhaps brings memories of their own departed loved ones relatives/friends etc?
Thu 09/12/04 at 13:58
Regular
"SOUP!"
Perhaps.

I'm not a psycholigist.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.