GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"3d animation"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/12/04 at 04:21
Regular
"Captain to you."
OMG it's 4.10am and my animation is still rendering :( i still have to put all my mocies together and add music. Then at 8.20am get up and walk in to uni for a 4 hour lecture in which a very tired me will present my animation.

It's all been going wrong here. My 'copy' of premiere has funked up it won't let me use the mpeg 4 codec that i have to use. Now using virtual dub to put them together but this means no fading transitions :( . One of my renders failed twice which means i have to leave it out.

My presentation is a critical review of my project so far. (so far it's looking shoddy) They are going to rip me apart :( i mean yeah the smoke and the lighting rocks but cause of teh transitions i'm screwed. I was on a first for the project so far now this is going to bring me down to like a 2.1 then i just gotta hope the final version gets me another first.

My brain hurts. I have learnt that 3d animation is too unstable to leave to the night before. Theres a lesson there kidds.

If i get the time tomorrow i will post a link to my animation. It's only 30 seconds and it's for a bbc-i channel Spark. Which i happen to do student stuff for.

Well off to finish it all. Had a rant feel abit better head hurts though.

my website [URL]http://chippxero.tripod.com[/URL]
Page:
Tue 16/08/05 at 00:48
Regular
"you've got a beard"
anyone else got any new work to show?

think i'll either do an animation to try and convey object weights next.. that or build another character.
Sun 14/08/05 at 01:26
Regular
"you've got a beard"
thanks dude :)

it was just a little practice project to improve my skills over the summer. it was my first try at this particular style and i'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. when i get the UVW file for the body back i'll put a nice texture on the body and then i may or may not use it for my showreel. it's short enough to go on there, but it depends how good my work is in year 3.

edit - i'm still perfecting the body movement, it's a bit too symmetrical at the moment, i'll probably offset the moving body parts by a few frames to make it look more natural.
Sat 13/08/05 at 22:14
Regular
Woah VM, that's brilliant!

It's amazing what you can do with a bit of body language/movement, those actions tie in perfectly with what the character is saying.

Good work.

May I ask, what are you planning to do with this exactly? Is it just a bit of a practice, or are you laying the foundations for a small animation feature?

Because that would be cool.
Sat 13/08/05 at 19:33
Regular
"you've got a beard"
[URL]http://www.theuniversalgroove.com/movement.avi[/URL] for the web-friendly small version. as you can see, all body movement now pretty much complete.
Sat 13/08/05 at 00:30
Regular
"you've got a beard"
i've changed it now to be more "snappy" and make the movement more urgent. the mouth is going a million miles an hour and the eyebrows eased themselves between keyframes too much. the motion needed to be faster so i've altered it to make hte facial movement a lot more contrasting and noticible. it needs to be evident when the rest of the body is distracting the eye as well.

body movement is coming along nicely, btw. it's shaping up like Madagascar style, with jerky, eye-catching movement.

[URL]http://www.theuniversalgroove.com/body_move.avi[/URL] for the most recent preview file (wireframe and only half done)
Fri 12/08/05 at 14:28
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Haha, that's wicked.
Fri 12/08/05 at 14:23
Regular
"you've got a beard"
have finished the eyebrow and facialexpressions now and am adding the body movement today and probably tomorrow.

still no body texture though.
Wed 10/08/05 at 14:19
Regular
"you've got a beard"
the latest character lip-syncing test render: [URL]http://www.theuniversalgroove.com/talk_test.avi[/URL]
Wed 10/08/05 at 13:57
Regular
"you've got a beard"
its a daunting program for sure, but just look at some tutorials on the net and refer to the help files in max, they're very good.
Wed 10/08/05 at 12:20
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I'm lost with Max. Made a sphere once, changed the colour. Then exited.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.