GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ERROR!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/11/06 at 16:16
Regular
What's going on? :( the top ten last posts list's has gone, the list of all the forums has gone, there's no GAD winner today.

Are they changing the forum, or slowly closing it down?
Sat 25/11/06 at 16:54
Regular
I must admit that one of the reasons why I'm not posting worthy GAD threads at the moment is because I've had several attempts fail. Seeing the same cheaters win all the time can be demoralising (that's a word right?). But I have been trying to get others to win instead, but I guess they're feeling the same too.
Sat 25/11/06 at 16:56
Regular
cjh wrote:
> No doubt chat posts can take a lot more effort than copy and
> pasting cheats, and I would probably vote them higher against
> adding cheats, but I can see Freeola's side when it comes to,
> "big database, more visitors, bigger potential audience to
> sell broadband".

We're not sure if the cheats are bringing in new people though, we've only had Sunflower join because of the cheats. Hopefully they are people used daily by a few hundred people so it's worth all the GADs but would be nice if they could plug the forum more to these cheaters so we can get more people posting :)
Sat 25/11/06 at 16:56
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
cjh wrote:
> Ah, the mum-to-be, hello again :) Hope you're feeling well.

Hello, i am feeling well thankyou, hope that you are too?

> Do you mean too many GAD's in general, or too cheats?

I mean do you think they give out too many Gads in general. With them calling it GAME A DAY then obviously there wanting to give away something everyday. If they dont find a decent chat post walkthrough review or what not they just give it away to someone who has done cheats, because they have too.

I just think some of these GADs are wasted! Maybe they could add something as an extra they have to do to win for cheats. Like post a certain amount of cheats, but also have to do like a mini review of the game they posted the cheats about. So ok they copy and paste a few cheats but then also have had to do something a little extra.

Pfft i dont know... Im just been awkward i know lol
Sat 25/11/06 at 17:04
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I'll have to disagree there as like i said there's at least 3 decent posts each week on here, so with them and those 2 given away to the website people that leaves 2 to share between a walkthrough and cheats. When there's no walkthroughs then posts should be given priority and if there's not a decent 4th post (unlikely) then give that to cheats also.
Sat 25/11/06 at 17:07
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Me, I'm nearly always OK, to hell with anything that makes me feel bad, that's what I always say :) Glad to hear you're feeling well also :) And you be as awkward as you like :P

I don't think they give out too many GAD's in general (maybe at times not enough), as they no longer judge it on whatever has been sent in for a specific day.

For example, in the past, anything posted today would be grouped together and judged, so there was a possibility of two great posts going head to head, where as tomorrow two poor ones might have done, whereas now, the good one might win today, the other good one tomorrow.

I guess it's just down to the judges / Freeola preferring to promote the inclusion of cheats ... or, you lot could just be rubbish at writing stuff :) Personally I think good chat posts should rank higher than cheats.

But there must come a time where people won't be able to post a load of cheats, because Freeola will already have them :)
Sat 25/11/06 at 17:08
Regular
Since August, 11 GADs have gone unclaimed :( most are website wins. Maybe they could give them all to me ^_^
Sat 25/11/06 at 17:09
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
course, Gamefaqs is miles better :-)
Sat 25/11/06 at 17:10
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Yeah, it would be cool if they re-issued unclaimed GAD's.
Sat 25/11/06 at 17:11
Regular
There will always be lots of cheats to post with the new consoles out. And because some people post so few cheats. I think Sunflower won by posting just 20+ cheats, it's quite easy to win. Infact if we put effort into posting cheats now instead of posting in this thread we could all be £30 richer next week ^_^
Sat 25/11/06 at 17:15
Regular
"I may return"
Machie wrote:
> I think Sunflower won by posting just 20+ cheats, it's quite easy
> to win.

Yeh, I think it was only about 15-20 cheats of mine that won.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.