GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Compensation culture"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/12/04 at 10:23
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Jus**t watching the adverts on TV this morning, between bouts of Quantum Leap (the Vietnam one!) and the res**t of the crap, and I felt this sudden urge to fall off a poorly built ladder, or to break my spine slipping on a poorly mopped floor. Almos**t every advert is for some kind of claims company. When did we get so that a simple accident becomes such a big deal? Can't people accept that sh*t happens? Everyone always wants to point the finger, and it really annoys (reads "f***s") me off. Bah to everything. That's my new tagline.
Tue 07/12/04 at 21:14
Regular
"I'm busy"
something else to thank the yanks for

HAVE A NICE DAY Y'ALL
Tue 07/12/04 at 16:43
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Do you know why it's on daytime repeat TV?

So all the work shy scum like yourself can get rich without doing anything.... SO THAR!
Tue 07/12/04 at 12:21
Regular
"Captain to you."
W_K i totally agree with you. They are just lazy these days but i think cause they know that they will be rewarded for their stupidity. they are bound to be people out there that do this sort of thing on perpose just to claim so they can sit on their bums all day drinking (thats students jobs they are taking).

Walk in a supermarket witha bottle of water. open the top lay it down in a isle wait for a bit of a puddle walk around a bit then 'slip' over
ka-ching (make sure you bash your knee nice and hard on something and even better is if you go to grab the shelf as you fall and take some stuff off with you. Do it in the beer isle and drop a crate on yourself as you fall. yeah it will hurt but think if the money.

Even better throw yourself off a building. Should you survive sue the city council for making the pavement too hard. Plus maybe clam it's dirty put some grit in your eye. Could tag on a grand or 2.
Tue 07/12/04 at 10:54
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Annnnnnnnnd - bang, Al was a POW. Brilliant. He should have claimed.

"I was free. Up here I was always free."

Oh boy, he's a priest in the next one!
Tue 07/12/04 at 10:48
Regular
The ones where he's a WOMAN and also the one where he's a BLACK man are the best :' }
Tue 07/12/04 at 10:45
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
One thing about Quantum Leap - why does he always have to talk to Al? They know he looks silly and has to cover it up with coughs, so why can't Al just say stuff?

I think the bit comes up in a minute where they see Al in Vietnam.
Tue 07/12/04 at 10:43
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
W_K wrote:
> If they can't be bothered to look what they're doing, take necessary
> safety precautions etc, then they deserve to be unable to work for
> months, and suffer the consequences for their stupidity.

That's a bit harsh considering there are incidents where it's purely accident and not the sufferer's fault.

However I do agree that it should just be accepted and left at that. Stuff like this happens a lot and it's bloody annoying, but you shouldn't just sue the pants of somebody because of it. I find it saddening that people have sunk to this level. There are even cases where the accident has been intentionally carried out which is even more pathetic.
Tue 07/12/04 at 10:29
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
w1nn0r!
Tue 07/12/04 at 10:28
Regular
PI HELPLINEEEE!!!!

That one?

EDIT - Ah, M_M beat me by a fraction of a second :D
Tue 07/12/04 at 10:28
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Ah, you must mean "PI Helpline" - at least they've got a good jingle!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.