GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Media:The Duty of Truth ?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/12/04 at 02:18
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Ok, i've just logged on again after being cut off(grrr) and the first thing i see is news of a train crash which was caused by a car on the line ( sound familiar anyone ? ), couple of people dead, plenty hurt and i'm just thinking that if this is a copycat or Berkshire where the driver killed himself, could it have been avoided if that had been reported differently, should the media tell white lies when the truth inspires more of the same.
I could rant on about this but i'd rather let you lot do it.
Have fun :)
Tue 07/12/04 at 12:54
Regular
"Captain to you."
Novocaine i can see your point in that repect but. even if thye had reported it as a accident there is no garentee that he wouldn't have still done that. But most likely he would have chosen another way. i think that they had to report it as it was because an accident implies that something went wrong with all the bad reports about the rail system faulse reporting of this story would more than likely have ended in media company's being taken to court for reporting lies.
Tue 07/12/04 at 12:29
Regular
"Monochromatic"
What i was thinking specifically was if Berkshire had been reported as an accident instead of suicide would it have stopped the next suicidal lunatic (Un-pc) who wants to go out in a blaze of infamy from doing the same. I'm just thinking the media are giving people ideas.
Tue 07/12/04 at 09:08
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
monkey_man wrote:
> All news and media has an agenda. Thread over.

Yup. Every media outlet tailors what it says to appeal to its audience. The duty of the media is to make money for it's owner. Which sucks of course, but there y'go.
Tue 07/12/04 at 08:56
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I always wonder why reports of accidental death is news. Yes I understand big accidents, but small train/coach/car crashes on the national news. Doom and gloom is all it is. They use them as fillers when there's nothing juicier to report.
Tue 07/12/04 at 08:53
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
All news and media has an agenda. Thread over.
Tue 07/12/04 at 02:27
Regular
"Captain to you."
I think that the media should report the truth but some details should be left out when too sensitive. I don't think that lies should be told just information with held.

Details on the war on terror has had details left out but people would like to know the whole truth. Censoring of this information is a choice of the government which we know holdsback alot of information that people probably should know about everyday life.

I don't think people as a whole need all the information as i see alot news as usless to me as it doesn't effect me. People mite think that i am selfish and you'd be right.

But i do have a point, does everyone need to know that there are boots made of rabbits?.......... Other than a smile to your face what does this information bring to the rest of your life?........ The answer nothing unless you need new boots and don't mind that they smell of carrots.

I am sure that people will disagree as otherwise this will be a boring thread.
Tue 07/12/04 at 02:18
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Ok, i've just logged on again after being cut off(grrr) and the first thing i see is news of a train crash which was caused by a car on the line ( sound familiar anyone ? ), couple of people dead, plenty hurt and i'm just thinking that if this is a copycat or Berkshire where the driver killed himself, could it have been avoided if that had been reported differently, should the media tell white lies when the truth inspires more of the same.
I could rant on about this but i'd rather let you lot do it.
Have fun :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.