GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Conclusive proof that filesharing is evil."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/12/04 at 22:53
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
[URL]http://img84.exs.cx/img84/9971/m9kproof.jpg[/URL]
Tue 07/12/04 at 13:00
Regular
"..."
Crikey. Obviously filesharing has changed a great deal since I last had a broadband connection.
Tue 07/12/04 at 11:47
Regular
"Captain to you."
I use Azureus for torrents as you can limit the upload without the download speed being effected. I relise that this is bad for the community but i have 3 other people on the same connection and have to think of eveyone so i only upload at 10kb/s.

The other main reason i had to change client was because i needed safepeer this is a ip blocker. I recently lost my house the internet for a week cause Paramount contacted my isp reporting me for uploading one of their films. They said as it was the first time i had been caught all i had to do was send a fax to paramount agreeing that it will never happen again.

Now when i download over 100,000 ips are blocked from seeing and connectiong to me. These ips are owned by companies that make money out of reporting users to large companies. They shouldburn in hell for that.

i relise that most people have a client they like and will probably stick with it. My suggestion is that you get some sort of ip blocker. games it's not so bad with as alot of companies bar valve arn't searching for people that much. but if you are someone that gets films the large companies have alot of people reported all the time.

You are most likely to get caught for uploading like i was. As if you get caught for downloading that means they are hosting it and that means in the eyes of the law that they are allowing it to be shared on the net which means theres not alot they can do about it. But only if it is from the company computers not if it's from a reporting company.

be careful
Mon 06/12/04 at 22:18
Regular
It depends on how popular the thing is your downloading really.

I'm on 1mb and I've had things downloading at 115 - 120 and then I've had things downloading at 5. However, what's really annoying is when the blasted seeders begger off when you've got 5mb's to go.
Mon 06/12/04 at 22:16
Regular
"\\"
In 24 hours i've downloaded 34.6% of a 1.59GB torrent :(
Mon 06/12/04 at 22:14
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Today i downloaded a 569MB torrent in 1 hour 16 mins.
Mon 06/12/04 at 22:01
Regular
"\\"
Nope...
Mon 06/12/04 at 21:47
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
eye'Aoe wrote:
> It didn't really help much... Infact it was running faster before I
> did that.

Try using BitTornado and see if the light goes green.
Mon 06/12/04 at 21:41
Regular
"\\"
eye'Aoe wrote:
> Cheers. I'll go do that now.

It didn't really help much... Infact it was running faster before I did that.
Mon 06/12/04 at 21:38
Regular
Reefer wrote:
> Bah, you're using a rubbish client.

Woah.

Woah.

Woah.

Never insult the brilliance of BitTornado.

Ever.
Mon 06/12/04 at 21:22
Regular
"\\"
Cheers. I'll go do that now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.