GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"halo or halo 2-which is better?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/12/04 at 01:20
Regular
"eat-u-alive"
I know by submitting this message I am goin to offend a great deal of poeple. However, i must be said that Halo 2 was not worth the wait. I was extremely dissapointed to discover that the game i was playing was still a magnificent game, but not revolutionary. Halo 2 just feels like another brilliant game, not the sequel to the best game ever made. It just isn't as inspiring or as groundbreaking as the first edition and as a result i feel that, had it been released earlier, the dissapointment would have been minimal. But as it stands, the world has waited years for Halo 2, brushing aside all other contenders stating that, 'ah, gud but when Halo 2 comes out'. Well, it's out but there are games with far more varying gameplay, tactics and AI than Halo 2. For instance, Killzone or Ninja Gaiden. Make no mistake, in my opinion Halo 2 is the best first person shooter money can buy, however it is sadly just not the game that I had expected.
Sun 05/12/04 at 01:20
Regular
"eat-u-alive"
I know by submitting this message I am goin to offend a great deal of poeple. However, i must be said that Halo 2 was not worth the wait. I was extremely dissapointed to discover that the game i was playing was still a magnificent game, but not revolutionary. Halo 2 just feels like another brilliant game, not the sequel to the best game ever made. It just isn't as inspiring or as groundbreaking as the first edition and as a result i feel that, had it been released earlier, the dissapointment would have been minimal. But as it stands, the world has waited years for Halo 2, brushing aside all other contenders stating that, 'ah, gud but when Halo 2 comes out'. Well, it's out but there are games with far more varying gameplay, tactics and AI than Halo 2. For instance, Killzone or Ninja Gaiden. Make no mistake, in my opinion Halo 2 is the best first person shooter money can buy, however it is sadly just not the game that I had expected.
Sun 05/12/04 at 01:46
Regular
"Catch it!"
halo 1
Sun 05/12/04 at 12:35
You were doing great up until the Killzone part. Agreed though, Halo 2 has been a victim of the hype mongering. If you dismiss the absolutely gigantic expectations it's generated (a hard thing to do, really) then Halo 2 *does* come off the better game - it's just that you you expected a lot lot more.
Sun 05/12/04 at 12:57
"I love yo... lamp."
There is next to nothing you can do that is revolutionary in FPS games now. Even Half Life 2 felt samey at times. Halo wasn't revolutionary, it was just extremely polished.

Killzone is abyssmal incidentally.
Sun 05/12/04 at 13:35
Regular
"Homemade Cherry Pie"
The thing is, Halo had not much hpye at all so when that came out, it blew us all away. We werent expecting it. Whereas with Halo 2, some of us were expecting it to be the best game ever of its type. It's not bad, its great but a bit of a dissapointment.
Sun 05/12/04 at 13:44
Regular
satans little helper wrote:
> we were all expecting it to be the best game ever of its type.

Clearly lies.
Sun 05/12/04 at 13:45
Regular
"Homemade Cherry Pie"
gerbil man wrote:
> satans little helper wrote:
> we were all expecting it to be the best game ever of its type.
>
> Clearly lies.

Edited
Sun 05/12/04 at 13:47
Regular
:' }
Sun 05/12/04 at 17:23
"Retarded List"
It's always the same with something you wait for.

Take Perfect Dark. I waited for ages for it, yet when I finally got it, even though it was great, it failed miserably to live up to my huge expectations.

I would just take games as they are and not believe the hype-machine, because no-matter how good something is, it's always going to fall short of what you hoped for.
Sun 05/12/04 at 19:24
Regular
I don't play it but people say 2 is a bit better than the first.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.