GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm at my wits end. ADSL help"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 02/12/04 at 22:01
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Right. Startup. Connected. Load steam. Try to connect to a server. Refuses. Click randomly for 5 minutes on the server list, ****** off that I can't get onto the one my mates are on. Sometimes get through to a german server, more often than not. Quit steam.

Internet connection gone. start -> run -> cmd -> "ping www.google.co.uk -t"
nothing happens for a few minutes (returning to dos prompt), until "connection timed out" appears.
"ping www.google.co.uk -t". sometimes replies for 5 - 6 times, then times out again.

Keep watching for sometimes 10 minutes, replies < 32ms. Ok. Sometimes times out again.

This is infuriating. I cannot play ANYTHING online. Starwars Battlefront does exactly the same thing.

Sygate personal pro, avast antivirus, bt yahoo 1mb, adsl 205 voyager modem.

Does ANYONE have any idea what the hell is going on here.

It. Is. Driving. Me. Absolutely. Mental.

Whats a waste of cash. All I can do without problems is browse chatrooms. Great.
Fri 03/12/04 at 10:08
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Afternoon wrote:
> Have you tried reinstalling your modem, it may also be worth
> mentioning to your ISP that you are getting some sort of packet loss.

Might have to give it a try. Unfortunatley, that means reinstalling all the bt yahoo gubbins that is useless (this gubbins makes not difference)

I've tried to send them an email from three accounts, a work account,a hotmail account and a dialup account. Rejected on each. I'm going to have to call them. *groan*

Cheers for the info.
Fri 03/12/04 at 09:48
Regular
"Freeola Support"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Internet connection gone. start -run -cmd -"ping
> www.google.co.uk -t"
> nothing happens for a few minutes (returning to dos prompt), until
> "connection timed out" appears.
> "ping www.google.co.uk -t". sometimes replies for 5 - 6
> times, then times out again.
Have you tried reinstalling your modem, it may also be worth mentioning to your ISP that you are getting some sort of packet loss.
Fri 03/12/04 at 07:29
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Coin wrote:
> Have you tried it without the firewall?

Yup, without firewall or virus software. Exactly the same.
Fri 03/12/04 at 00:09
Regular
"Bicycle"
Have you tried it without the firewall?
Thu 02/12/04 at 23:59
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Any chance you would be able to borrow a router/modem?
Thu 02/12/04 at 22:01
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Right. Startup. Connected. Load steam. Try to connect to a server. Refuses. Click randomly for 5 minutes on the server list, ****** off that I can't get onto the one my mates are on. Sometimes get through to a german server, more often than not. Quit steam.

Internet connection gone. start -> run -> cmd -> "ping www.google.co.uk -t"
nothing happens for a few minutes (returning to dos prompt), until "connection timed out" appears.
"ping www.google.co.uk -t". sometimes replies for 5 - 6 times, then times out again.

Keep watching for sometimes 10 minutes, replies < 32ms. Ok. Sometimes times out again.

This is infuriating. I cannot play ANYTHING online. Starwars Battlefront does exactly the same thing.

Sygate personal pro, avast antivirus, bt yahoo 1mb, adsl 205 voyager modem.

Does ANYONE have any idea what the hell is going on here.

It. Is. Driving. Me. Absolutely. Mental.

Whats a waste of cash. All I can do without problems is browse chatrooms. Great.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.