GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No Minish Cap topics?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend Of Zelda: Minish Cap'.
Mon 20/12/04 at 14:53
Regular
Got it this morning and so far completed the first dungeon. I must say, it's absolutely fantastic.

Sure, it doesn't seem as big as other Zelda games (whatever joke you're going to say, don't bother, it's crap), it's still top-notch in terms of design and up there with any of the other Zelda titles. Bares some resemblance to Link's Awakening, or at least moreso than Link to the Past.

If I'm honest, I was expecting it to be a little crap. All the 'original ideas' sounded pretty rubbish, and I've never really had that much faith in Capcom with such a consistent franchise. But I'm glad I've been proved wrong, this is great.

Get. Now.
Mon 03/01/05 at 14:52
Regular
Ah - cheers for the tip.

Now I've just got to find out where to get them made...(that's not me asking for any help - I'll try to find it myself :P)
Mon 03/01/05 at 14:23
"period drama"
Link's always been a Hylian. It's just the clothes that Tingle jisms over. And, in this case, they just forgot to give a good reason as to why he'd be wearing those clothes - it's just taken for granted.

Maybe you can't find the Pegasus Boots, you have to have them made.
Mon 03/01/05 at 13:14
Regular
One mistake I've noticed with Minish Cap...

Tingle refers to link as a Fairy.

Link dresses as a Kokiri but is Hylian.

Sure, it is a different era to that of Ocarina of Time, but unless a previous Link in the bloodline had a bit too much fun and excitement with a fairy...then Capcom or Nintendo have made a tiny little mistake there :P

Still, top quality game. I'm stuck trying to find the pegasus boots (which are probably very easy to find...) but I'm enjoying it nonetheless.
Sun 02/01/05 at 22:49
Regular
It actually made sense, whereas you don't.
Sun 02/01/05 at 22:30
Regular
"Underbean"
That was as clear as mud!
Sun 02/01/05 at 22:26
"Uzi Lover"
My Dad asked me what I think of something while I was playing Minish Cap my DS downstairs today.

I said "I think this is the reason why Nintendo should stop bringing out all these ports and make something fresh and new like this" or something similar. He then looked at me weird.

Couldn't help it though, this really is a great game. And to think the US don't have it yet...

I think the difficulty level of the game is just right for me. It's quite easy for a Zelda game but can be brain taxing in places. Usually if a game is too hard and I can't figure it out, chances are I'll put it down and not come back for a while, if ever. Really does ruin the fun and flow of the game if stuff is too hard. That's why this is just right.

Excellent, excellent game.
Fri 31/12/04 at 20:39
"period drama"
Okay then, I'll just close my eyes and try again.
Fri 31/12/04 at 20:05
Regular
I did it while I wasn't looking with the whirlwind. Tried loads before but never made it. :D
Fri 31/12/04 at 20:01
"period drama"
How do you get over to the Goron just south of the Lon Lon Ranch?
Surely you're suppose to use the whirlwind thinger ... but it seems too far away.

Argh, I dunno. Still in awe of it all.
Fri 31/12/04 at 10:38
Regular
I think I've still got one to get, as I've still got one Goron to get working, and there's a tunnel in Veil Falls I can't get into yet, must have to fuse a kinstone to get to it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.