GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best Director of All-Time"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/12/04 at 13:32
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Hitchcock?
Tarantino?
Spielberg?
Kubric?
Scorcese?
Someone else?

Debate here.
Sun 12/12/04 at 10:55
Regular
Tarantino is over-rated. Kill Bill was rubbish.

He's good, Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs show that - but what else can you say? Two very well made films do not make him the best director ever, nor the most stylish. Guy Ritchie, Tim Burton and Bryan Singer are all equally inventive.

I'm surprised that Francis Ford Coppola hasn't been mentioned, he definitely deserves to be up there. Also, Ridley Scott is as good as Spielberg, arguably better. Frank Darabont probably deserves a mention for quite possibly the greatest film ever made.
Sat 11/12/04 at 21:53
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
F. Gary Gray
Sat 11/12/04 at 21:29
Regular
Hayao Miyazaki. Nuff said :)
Mon 06/12/04 at 14:02
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Grëén ƒérð¢it¥ wrote:
> Anyway, thoughts on David Cronenberg?

I consider Cronenberg a genius and visionary director, but he's an aquired taste much like Lynch. He'll never appeal to the mainstream.
Mon 06/12/04 at 13:52
Regular
"Captain to you."
I'm the best director of all time i'll have you know 4 great films that barely anyone has seen. But everyone that does see them loves them.
Mon 06/12/04 at 13:50
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Reefer wrote:
> Tarantino's another one who's very badly overrated.

Resevoir Dogs is brilliant.
Kill Bill 1 and 2 are fantastic
and Pulp Fiction speaks for itself.
Wed 01/12/04 at 22:06
Regular
Spielberg
Wed 01/12/04 at 21:36
Regular
"lets go back"
Grëén ƒérð¢it¥ wrote:
> >
> How about takeshi kitano? Sonatine and violent cop are amazing imho.
> Not to mention hana bi and boiling point.
>
>

Ive only seen one film he has directed and that was great. It was Zatoichi. Oh, and I dont mean a great film (which I thought it was rather good), I mean great directing. There is, apparently, a difference.
Wed 01/12/04 at 21:32
Regular
"lets go back"
I always enjoy James Cameron films so i'll say him.

Directors like Tarentino are overrated. I do love his films but he's only made a small selection and I wasnt too keen on Kill Bill vol 2. He'd need to make a lot more to be considered the best.

David Fincher has done some good work too.

And I've just rememberd, the guy who did Big Fish et al. I cant remember his name, but I like him too.
Wed 01/12/04 at 21:07
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
Oliver stone? How about pedro almodovar?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.