GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Alcohol is evil."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/11/04 at 21:01
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Alcohol. The Scriptures speak often of the destructive power of alcohol. Noah’s drunkenness brought shame to his family (Gen. 9:20-27). Lot’s drunkenness resulted in an incestuous relationship with his two daughters (Gen. 19:30-38). An inebriated Xerxes sought to humiliate Queen Vashti publicly (Est. 1:9-22). The consumption of alcohol impairs judgment, inflames passions, and invites violence (Lev. 10:8-11; Prov. 20:1, 23:29-35, 31:4,5).

Alcoholism and the depression associated with it often leads to a breakdown of moral inhibitions, indiscreet or violent behavior, or loss of consciousness (drunkenness). Long-term drinking can terminally damage liver, pancreas, brain, or heart. Binge drinking on university campuses has caused instant death. It is estimated there are 14 million problem drinkers in the United States. Half of the fatal automobile accidents are caused by alcohol-impaired drivers. The annual cost of alcohol-related accidents, illness, violent crime, and loss of work time is estimated to exceed 100 billion dollars.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

The Bible teaches that if one's indulgence might cause this person to stumble spiritually, it would be better to abstain. Biblical temperance requires considered restraint in one's drinking practices and abstinence, if necessary, to shore up the faith of weaker brethren as well as children and youth (Romans, chapter fourteen and First Corinthians chapter eight)."

I. GOD DEALS SEVERELY WITH DRUNKARDS

DEU 21:20-21 "And they shall say to the elders of his city, 'This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious; he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard. Then all the men of his city shall stone him to death with stones; so you shall put away the evil person from among you, and all Israel shall hear and fear."

II. GOD TEACHES THAT WISE PEOPLE AVOID STRONG DRINK

PRO 20:1 "Wine is a mocker, intoxicating drink arouses brawling, and whoever is led astray by it is not wise." Maturing Christians must take the lead to set an unselfish example by avoiding strong drink of any kind. Also discouraging its use will be a kind deed to those who are prone to weakness.

III. DRINKING CAN LEAD TO QUARRELS AND FIGHTS

PRO 23:29-31 "Who has woe? Who has sorrow? Who has contentions? Who has complaints? Who has wounds without cause? Who has redness of eyes? Those who linger long at the wine, those who go in search of mixed wine [strong drink]. Do not look on the wine when it is red, when it sparkles in the cup, when it swirls around smoothly."

IV. DRUNKARDS ARE AN ABOMINATION TO GOD

ISA 28:1 "Woe to the crown of pride, to the drunkards of Ephraim, whose glorious beauty is a fading flower which is at the head of the verdant valleys, to those who are overcome with wine!"

NAH 1:10 "For while tangled like thorns, and while drunken like drunkards, They shall be devoured like stubble fully dried."

V. STRONG DRINK DESTROYS FAMILY

HAB 2:5, 15 "Indeed, because he transgresses by wine, he is a proud man, and he does not stay at home. Because he enlarges his desire as hell, and he is like death, and cannot be satisfied, he gathers to himself all nations and heaps up for himself all peoples. Woe to him who gives drink to his neighbor, pressing him to your bottle, even to make him drunk, that you may look on his nakedness!"

VI. THE APOSTLES WARN US ON THE SUBTLETY OF STRONG DRINK

LUK 21:34 "But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly."

VII. DRINKERS ARE USUALLY INDIFFERENT

ROM 13:13 "Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in licentiousness and lewdness, not in strife and envy."

VIII. DRINKERS MUST FACE CERTAIN QUESTIONS REGARDING HEAVEN & HELL

1CO 6:9-10 "Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither... drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God."

IX. CHRISTIANS MUST WALK ACCORDING TO CONSCIENCE

EPH 5:18 "And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit."

1TH 5:6-7 "Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober. For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk are drunk at night."

X. FERMENTED WINE HAS BEEN A DESTROYER FROM THE BEGINNING OF MANKIND

PRO 21:17 "He who loves pleasure will be a poor man; he who loves wine and oil will not be rich."

PRO 23:31 "Do not look on the wine when it is red, when it sparkles in the cup, when it swirls around smoothly."

XI. THE BIBLE REFERS TO TRUE BELIEVERS AS KINGS

REV 1:6 "And has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen."

PRO 31:4 "It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine, nor for princes intoxicating drink."

XII. GOD READILY POINTS TO THE DRINKER'S WEAKNESS

ISA 5:11 "Woe to those who rise early in the morning, that they may follow intoxicating drink; who continue until night, till wine inflames them!"

HOS 4:11 "Harlotry, wine, and new wine enslave the heart."

XIII. THE LORD SEES ALCOHOL AND PRIDE RELATED

HAB 2:5 "Indeed, because he transgresses by wine, he is a proud man, and he does not stay at home. Because he enlarges his desire as hell, and he is like death, and cannot be satisfied, he gathers to himself all nations and heaps up for himself all peoples."

EPH 5:18 "And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit."

XIV. SCRIPTURE IS FILLED WITH EXAMPLES OF WRONGFUL DRINKING

GEN 9:21 "Then Noah drank of the wine and was drunk, and became uncovered in his tent."

1SA 25:36 "Then Abigail went to Nabal, and there he was, holding a feast in his house, like the feast of a king. And Nabal's heart was merry within him, for he was very drunk; therefore she told him nothing, little or much, until morning light."

2SA 11:13 "Now when David called him, he ate and drank before him; and he made him drunk. And at evening he went out to lie on his bed with the servants of his lord, but he did not go down to his house."

1KI 16:9 "Now his servant Zimri, commander of half his chariots, conspired against him as he was in Tirzah drinking himself drunk in the house of Arza, steward of his house in Tirzah."

1KI 20:16 "So they went out at noon. Meanwhile Ben-Hadad and the thirty-two kings helping him were getting drunk at the command post."

EST 1:10 "On the seventh day, when the heart of the king was merry with wine, he commanded Mehuman, Biztha, Harbona, Bigtha, Abagtha, Zethar, and Carcas, seven eunuchs who served in the presence of King Ahasuerus."

HOS 7:5 "In the day of our king princes have made him sick, inflamed with wine; He stretched out his hand with scoffers."

JOE 3:3 They have cast lots for My people, have given a boy in exchange for a harlot, and sold a girl for wine, that they may drink.

XV. JESUS RELATED DRINKING TO OTHER EVILS

LUK 12:45-46 "But if that servant says in his heart, 'My master is delaying his coming,' and begins to beat the menservants and maidservants, and to eat and drink and be drunk, the master of that servant will come on a day when he is not looking for him, and at an hour when he is not aware; and will cut him in two and appoint him his portion with the unbelievers."

XVI. SCRIPTURES SAY THAT STRONG DRINK IS FOR FOOLS

PRO 26:9 "Like a thorn that goes into the hand of a drunkard is a proverb in the mouth of fools."

ISA 5:22 "Woe to men mighty at drinking wine, woe to men valiant for mixing intoxicating drink."

JOE 1:5 "Awake, you drunkards, and weep; and wail, all you drinkers of wine, because of the new wine, for it has been cut off from your mouth."

XVII. THE LORD ISSUES WARNINGS

PRO 23:20 "Do not mix with winebibbers, or with gluttonous eaters of meat."

GAL 5:21 "Envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God."

2PE 2:13 "And will receive the wages of unrighteousness, as those who count it pleasure to carouse in the daytime. They are spots and blemishes, carousing in their own deceptions while they feast with you."

XVIII. TRUE CHRISTIANS MUST LEAD THE WAY FOR OTHERS TO FOLLOW

ROM 14:21 "It is good neither to eat meat nor drink wine nor do anything by which your brother stumbles or is offended or is made weak."

ROM 15:1 "We then who are strong ought to bear with the scruples of the weak, and not to please ourselves."

1CO 9:22 "To the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some."

1TH 5:22 "Abstain from every form of evil."
Tue 30/11/04 at 21:01
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Alcohol. The Scriptures speak often of the destructive power of alcohol. Noah’s drunkenness brought shame to his family (Gen. 9:20-27). Lot’s drunkenness resulted in an incestuous relationship with his two daughters (Gen. 19:30-38). An inebriated Xerxes sought to humiliate Queen Vashti publicly (Est. 1:9-22). The consumption of alcohol impairs judgment, inflames passions, and invites violence (Lev. 10:8-11; Prov. 20:1, 23:29-35, 31:4,5).

Alcoholism and the depression associated with it often leads to a breakdown of moral inhibitions, indiscreet or violent behavior, or loss of consciousness (drunkenness). Long-term drinking can terminally damage liver, pancreas, brain, or heart. Binge drinking on university campuses has caused instant death. It is estimated there are 14 million problem drinkers in the United States. Half of the fatal automobile accidents are caused by alcohol-impaired drivers. The annual cost of alcohol-related accidents, illness, violent crime, and loss of work time is estimated to exceed 100 billion dollars.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

The Bible teaches that if one's indulgence might cause this person to stumble spiritually, it would be better to abstain. Biblical temperance requires considered restraint in one's drinking practices and abstinence, if necessary, to shore up the faith of weaker brethren as well as children and youth (Romans, chapter fourteen and First Corinthians chapter eight)."

I. GOD DEALS SEVERELY WITH DRUNKARDS

DEU 21:20-21 "And they shall say to the elders of his city, 'This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious; he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard. Then all the men of his city shall stone him to death with stones; so you shall put away the evil person from among you, and all Israel shall hear and fear."

II. GOD TEACHES THAT WISE PEOPLE AVOID STRONG DRINK

PRO 20:1 "Wine is a mocker, intoxicating drink arouses brawling, and whoever is led astray by it is not wise." Maturing Christians must take the lead to set an unselfish example by avoiding strong drink of any kind. Also discouraging its use will be a kind deed to those who are prone to weakness.

III. DRINKING CAN LEAD TO QUARRELS AND FIGHTS

PRO 23:29-31 "Who has woe? Who has sorrow? Who has contentions? Who has complaints? Who has wounds without cause? Who has redness of eyes? Those who linger long at the wine, those who go in search of mixed wine [strong drink]. Do not look on the wine when it is red, when it sparkles in the cup, when it swirls around smoothly."

IV. DRUNKARDS ARE AN ABOMINATION TO GOD

ISA 28:1 "Woe to the crown of pride, to the drunkards of Ephraim, whose glorious beauty is a fading flower which is at the head of the verdant valleys, to those who are overcome with wine!"

NAH 1:10 "For while tangled like thorns, and while drunken like drunkards, They shall be devoured like stubble fully dried."

V. STRONG DRINK DESTROYS FAMILY

HAB 2:5, 15 "Indeed, because he transgresses by wine, he is a proud man, and he does not stay at home. Because he enlarges his desire as hell, and he is like death, and cannot be satisfied, he gathers to himself all nations and heaps up for himself all peoples. Woe to him who gives drink to his neighbor, pressing him to your bottle, even to make him drunk, that you may look on his nakedness!"

VI. THE APOSTLES WARN US ON THE SUBTLETY OF STRONG DRINK

LUK 21:34 "But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly."

VII. DRINKERS ARE USUALLY INDIFFERENT

ROM 13:13 "Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in licentiousness and lewdness, not in strife and envy."

VIII. DRINKERS MUST FACE CERTAIN QUESTIONS REGARDING HEAVEN & HELL

1CO 6:9-10 "Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither... drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God."

IX. CHRISTIANS MUST WALK ACCORDING TO CONSCIENCE

1TH 5:6-7 "Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober. For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk are drunk at night."

X. FERMENTED WINE HAS BEEN A DESTROYER FROM THE BEGINNING OF MANKIND

PRO 21:17 "He who loves pleasure will be a poor man; he who loves wine and oil will not be rich."

PRO 23:31 "Do not look on the wine when it is red, when it sparkles in the cup, when it swirls around smoothly."

XI. THE BIBLE REFERS TO TRUE BELIEVERS AS KINGS

REV 1:6 "And has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen."

PRO 31:4 "It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine, nor for princes intoxicating drink."

XII. GOD READILY POINTS TO THE DRINKER'S WEAKNESS

ISA 5:11 "Woe to those who rise early in the morning, that they may follow intoxicating drink; who continue until night, till wine inflames them!"

HOS 4:11 "Harlotry, wine, and new wine enslave the heart."

XIII. THE LORD SEES ALCOHOL AND PRIDE RELATED

HAB 2:5 "Indeed, because he transgresses by wine, he is a proud man, and he does not stay at home. Because he enlarges his desire as hell, and he is like death, and cannot be satisfied, he gathers to himself all nations and heaps up for himself all peoples."

XIV. SCRIPTURE IS FILLED WITH EXAMPLES OF WRONGFUL DRINKING

GEN 9:21 "Then Noah drank of the wine and was drunk, and became uncovered in his tent."

1SA 25:36 "Then Abigail went to Nabal, and there he was, holding a feast in his house, like the feast of a king. And Nabal's heart was merry within him, for he was very drunk; therefore she told him nothing, little or much, until morning light."

2SA 11:13 "Now when David called him, he ate and drank before him; and he made him drunk. And at evening he went out to lie on his bed with the servants of his lord, but he did not go down to his house."

1KI 16:9 "Now his servant Zimri, commander of half his chariots, conspired against him as he was in Tirzah drinking himself drunk in the house of Arza, steward of his house in Tirzah."

1KI 20:16 "So they went out at noon. Meanwhile Ben-Hadad and the thirty-two kings helping him were getting drunk at the command post."

EST 1:10 "On the seventh day, when the heart of the king was merry with wine, he commanded Mehuman, Biztha, Harbona, Bigtha, Abagtha, Zethar, and Carcas, seven eunuchs who served in the presence of King Ahasuerus."

HOS 7:5 "In the day of our king princes have made him sick, inflamed with wine; He stretched out his hand with scoffers."

JOE 3:3 They have cast lots for My people, have given a boy in exchange for a harlot, and sold a girl for wine, that they may drink.

XV. JESUS RELATED DRINKING TO OTHER EVILS

LUK 12:45-46 "But if that servant says in his heart, 'My master is delaying his coming,' and begins to beat the menservants and maidservants, and to eat and drink and be drunk, the master of that servant will come on a day when he is not looking for him, and at an hour when he is not aware; and will cut him in two and appoint him his portion with the unbelievers."

XVI. SCRIPTURES SAY THAT STRONG DRINK IS FOR FOOLS

PRO 26:9 "Like a thorn that goes into the hand of a drunkard is a proverb in the mouth of fools."

ISA 5:22 "Woe to men mighty at drinking wine, woe to men valiant for mixing intoxicating drink."

JOE 1:5 "Awake, you drunkards, and weep; and wail, all you drinkers of wine, because of the new wine, for it has been cut off from your mouth."

XVII. THE LORD ISSUES WARNINGS

PRO 23:20 "Do not mix with winebibbers, or with gluttonous eaters of meat."

GAL 5:21 "Envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God."

2PE 2:13 "And will receive the wages of unrighteousness, as those who count it pleasure to carouse in the daytime. They are spots and blemishes, carousing in their own deceptions while they feast with you."

XVIII. TRUE CHRISTIANS MUST LEAD THE WAY FOR OTHERS TO FOLLOW

ROM 14:21 "It is good neither to eat meat nor drink wine nor do anything by which your brother stumbles or is offended or is made weak."

ROM 15:1 "We then who are strong ought to bear with the scruples of the weak, and not to please ourselves."

1CO 9:22 "To the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some."

1TH 5:22 "Abstain from every form of evil."
Tue 30/11/04 at 21:04
Regular
"Homemade Cherry Pie"
I'm sorry but i am too lazy to read all that. My vote is: Alcohol is good.
Tue 30/11/04 at 21:05
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I hope you burn in hell.
Tue 30/11/04 at 21:07
Regular
"Homemade Cherry Pie"
gaybys wrote:
> I hope you burn in hell.

At least i wont be alone. There are lots of people on this forum who drink you know. You can't damn them all.
:D
Tue 30/11/04 at 21:08
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I think I can.
Tue 30/11/04 at 21:08
Regular
"Homemade Cherry Pie"
oooook then.
Tue 30/11/04 at 21:11
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Yes I agree with you gaybys.
Tue 30/11/04 at 21:12
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Blank wrote:
> Yes I agree with you gaybys.

Thank you, brother.
May the Lord bless you.
Tue 30/11/04 at 21:12
"possibly impossible"
pb says:

XVI. TRUE DRINKERS MUST LEAD THE WAY FOR OTHERS TO FOLLOW

Those who are drunk on few pints should lead lives sans much beer,
but those who take to drinking much without effect won't fear.
Those who get all loud and stupid should spend time in jail,
Those who beat up others should refrain from taking ale.
Tue 30/11/04 at 21:13
Regular
Alcohol is evil, it makes ugly girls appear beautiful.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.