GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How old's your nan?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/11/04 at 20:32
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
Just wondered. Mines 78 on Tuesday :)
Tue 30/11/04 at 19:49
Regular
all my grandparents were dead before i was born which doesn't bode well for my gene pool.having said that 3 of my great grand parents were stll alive into their 90s
Tue 30/11/04 at 19:25
Regular
About 54 I think.
Tue 30/11/04 at 17:24
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Timmargh wrote:
> Pandaemonium wrote:
> I'm the only relatively health one (touch wood), and I'm the boozer.
> Go figure...
>
> It's like being permanently swabbed with alcohol.

Heh.
Tue 30/11/04 at 15:27
Regular
"Copyright (c) 2004"
Lets see, one set of my grandparents died in their 60s from cancer (smokers)and the other set live in NZ and I dont know how old they are.. eh.

get this: My grandather was a pilot and flew bombers 'during the war'
I have an uncle (or a great uncle) who drove tanks 'during the war'
my mothers godmothers husband (who passed away a few months ago) was on one of the british beaches. Omaha I think (slaps self) Im kidding. I think it was sword. He got bombed by one of the few planes the germans had up. what luck.
THEN my gf's grandfather was a navigator, and got shot down over germany or italy or something and was in a POW camp till rescued by the russians.

and then theres me who did NOTHING during the war cos I was lazy.
Tue 30/11/04 at 14:27
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Pandaemonium wrote:
> I'm the only relatively health one (touch wood), and I'm the boozer. Go figure...

It's like being permanently swabbed with alcohol.
Tue 30/11/04 at 14:04
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Light wrote:
> Pandaemonium wrote:
> Died last week at 87.
>
> Hadn't realised, sorry mate. I seem to recall meeting her in the dim
> and distant past of our youth.

Cheers. I vaguely remember us going around.
Just think of Lando from Babylon 5. Same mad hair and harsh accent (more or less) ;)

> Not sure how much comfort this is having read what you say about her
> treatment in hospital, but there is this; at least Emma wasn't
> 'caring' for her.

This is true. Bwhahahahaha. To be fair though, Emma had her serious goddamn pyscho problems, but she liked and cared for the old folks........

I swear, I hate hospitals at the best of times and you always read about MRSA in the news, but when it happens to family with the frequency that this had it brings home how much of a problem it is. Treatment and being treat like cattle nonewithstanding, the hygeine is a serious problem.

1) Gran catching MRSA *twice*, the second on an open wound (a bedsore.)
2) My uncle, in the ward upstairs from her, catching MRSA on a ruptured bowel which then turned gangrenous. He doesn't have long either, being riddled with cancer along with afore mentioned rotting bowel.
3) At least three other cases I've been told about from other patients.

The rest of the family are having serious health problems too. I'm the only relatively health one (touch wood), and I'm the boozer. Go figure...
Tue 30/11/04 at 13:49
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Died last week at 87.

Hadn't realised, sorry mate. I seem to recall meeting her in the dim and distant past of our youth.

Not sure how much comfort this is having read what you say about her treatment in hospital, but there is this; at least Emma wasn't 'caring' for her.
Tue 30/11/04 at 13:20
Regular
"Twenty quid."
That seems to be the norm nowadays - hospital treatment is getting very impersonal, inadequate and downright crap.
Tue 30/11/04 at 12:35
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Timmargh wrote:
> Sorry to hear that, Panda.
>
> :^(

Appreciated, but 'twas after a long illness and expected. When you've gotta go, you've gotta go. Still, I remain very angry about the treatment she recieved in hospital.......
Tue 30/11/04 at 12:30
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Blank wrote:
> Stab in the dark - 72.

For some reason, when I read that the voice in my head said like a Bingo caller.

"Key of the door: 46. Stab in the dark: 72."

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.