GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ghost Recon 2, the Halo 2 beater"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/12/04 at 17:42
Regular
Thats my verdict. Just went around a mates for some 3-way split-screen action. Started off with Halo 2. It lasted about three rounds. Then we went on to Ghost Recon 2, three-way co-op. That lasted about fithteen rounds and only ended due to my dinner time.

Halo 2 is a good game. There are some nice additions to it over the first Halo, however, the competition for best game is a lot fiercer now. Halo was the flagship game for Xbox which helped its success, but Halo 2 is merely a sequal, and theres alot of other FSPs out on XBox now.

In my opinion, GR2 is so much better. More realism fighting soldiers rather than aliens, a degree of soldier simulation but not too much that it looses its fun, some good basic squad command stuff, and a lot of big bangs. Graphically stunning, seriously cool surround sound, and plenty of game playability in sight. I've found my game of the year.
Wed 22/12/04 at 22:59
Regular
I wonder if you'd like Halo 2 as much if it didn't have the name Halo to it. Seems everyones loving it because the first one was fantastic and they believe the second one should be too.
Wed 22/12/04 at 21:32
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> It's not really a Halo 2 beater.

Depends on who's playing it of course.
Wed 22/12/04 at 21:10
Regular
"xbox-nation.o-wh.co"
eye'Aoe wrote:
> I like GR2 more... And I haven't even played it. But it's bored me
> less than Halo 2. So therefore it must be better.

LoL... i get it.
Wed 22/12/04 at 19:18
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
stu147 wrote:
> Sorry to go against your beloved Halo 2 fellas. I made an opinion
> thats all. I think both games are similar enough to compare and I
> chose my favourite one out of them.

Not to worry, we were simply making our opinion :-D
Wed 22/12/04 at 17:36
Regular
"\\"
I like GR2 more... And I haven't even played it. But it's bored me less than Halo 2. So therefore it must be better.
Wed 22/12/04 at 17:34
Regular
Sorry to go against your beloved Halo 2 fellas. I made an opinion thats all. I think both games are similar enough to compare and I chose my favourite one out of them.
Wed 22/12/04 at 00:16
Regular
It's not really a Halo 2 beater.

I can remember being bored once or twice on Halo 2 single player, I can remember being bored many more times on GR2 single player.

Don't get me wrong, it's a class game, but I'm not convinced that the AI is anywhere near up to scratch. If I shoot a soldier, his mates will all run towards me in single file and get mown down. Some parts of the game (the hospital camp) require you to sit in one place for ages and kill wave after wave of idiots whose best tactic is smothering the enemy to death with stacks of dead bodies.

Like I say, it's a great game but there are too many minor niggles mainly concerning AI on both sides, that let it down.

That battle level was awesome though, and multiplayer is certainly entertaining.
Tue 21/12/04 at 23:51
Regular
"8==="
Indeed.
Tue 21/12/04 at 23:41
Regular
Ye, I get what you mean.

But GR2 and Halo 2 are very different games.
Tue 21/12/04 at 23:40
Regular
"8==="
However the in Halo 2 is supposed to be better therefore you have to think more about your approach and tactics than working against stupid AI.

Also in co-op there's tactics and I expect if you go online in halo 2 and play in a team you'll find a level of tactics present there also.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.