GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ghost Recon 2, the Halo 2 beater"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/12/04 at 17:42
Regular
Thats my verdict. Just went around a mates for some 3-way split-screen action. Started off with Halo 2. It lasted about three rounds. Then we went on to Ghost Recon 2, three-way co-op. That lasted about fithteen rounds and only ended due to my dinner time.

Halo 2 is a good game. There are some nice additions to it over the first Halo, however, the competition for best game is a lot fiercer now. Halo was the flagship game for Xbox which helped its success, but Halo 2 is merely a sequal, and theres alot of other FSPs out on XBox now.

In my opinion, GR2 is so much better. More realism fighting soldiers rather than aliens, a degree of soldier simulation but not too much that it looses its fun, some good basic squad command stuff, and a lot of big bangs. Graphically stunning, seriously cool surround sound, and plenty of game playability in sight. I've found my game of the year.
Sun 26/12/04 at 17:32
Regular
stu147 wrote:
> I wonder if you'd like Halo 2 as much if it didn't have the name Halo
> to it. Seems everyones loving it because the first one was fantastic
> and they believe the second one should be too.

That would suggest that we are all mindless fops who lap up hype like a kitten with a bowl of milk, and are incapable of making our minds up on whether or not games are good or not.

The game is fantastic, end of story. They could call it 'Doctor Hemmorhoids terrible bum grapes' and it would still be awesome.
Sat 25/12/04 at 15:05
Regular
"Halo 2 is the best!"
xgamer wrote:
> Notorious Biggles wrote:
> No, Halo 2 just happens to be the best console shooter ever. It's
> incredibly well crafted, handles perfectly, has a lot more variety
> in
> the rather short single player than the first one does and it has
> one
> of the most amazing multiplayer modes ever created.
>
> That's why we all like it.
>
> I'll second that.
>
> I FINALLY got it today.

I third it so good

and ive finnaly completed it on legendary mode
Sat 25/12/04 at 13:32
"Retarded List"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> No, Halo 2 just happens to be the best console shooter ever. It's
> incredibly well crafted, handles perfectly, has a lot more variety in
> the rather short single player than the first one does and it has one
> of the most amazing multiplayer modes ever created.
>
> That's why we all like it.

I'll second that.

I FINALLY got it today.
Sat 25/12/04 at 01:30
Regular
Good shout, haven't tried Call of Duty yet though so can't comment on that.
Fri 24/12/04 at 21:17
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I do prefer Ghost Recon 2 over Halo 2, but I now prefer Call of Duty over Ghost Recon. Yup.
Thu 23/12/04 at 14:30
Regular
"8==="
Halo 2 territories.

'nuff said.
Thu 23/12/04 at 11:39
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
Whoops, double post.
Thu 23/12/04 at 11:38
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
Amen :-)
Thu 23/12/04 at 11:38
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
Amen. :)
Thu 23/12/04 at 01:41
"I love yo... lamp."
No, Halo 2 just happens to be the best console shooter ever. It's incredibly well crafted, handles perfectly, has a lot more variety in the rather short single player than the first one does and it has one of the most amazing multiplayer modes ever created.

That's why we all like it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.