GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Insecurities"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/11/04 at 19:50
Regular
"Blade of Grass"
OK, now if you look on the cover of ANY magazine, you'll see the headlines:
is she too fat?
and
is she too thin?
probably right next to eachother.
What is this telling you? Well it's telling me that there are some serious misconceptions of people. I mean, there's the idea that only stick people can be famous, but when they reach the point of stickliness, they're all of a sudden 'too thin.' Does this bug anyone else? I was in the line for the grocery last month, and was talking on my mobile, and all of a sudden, there it was: front page, and theres a picture of MaryKate Olsen. Apparently, she's got an eating disorder. Well no kidding! With our impossible expectations of her, what do we expect? And I know that the second she reaches a healthy weight, if she does, she'll all of a sudden be considered a total porker. That sucks. Then, right next to her picture, theres the OTHER headline, right next to a picture of Britney Spears. They're talking about her flabby legs, which is also total crap... I mean, have you ever seen her? They throw in a 'witty' comment about attending a weight watchers meeting... America is a wretched place for all those who want to show themselves to the world...
Anyone out there seen Bridget Jones? Well if you have, you'll know that shes not exactly a skinny minnie... until now. Theres a photo of her in the press with an article about her rapid weight-loss. Well best of luck to her... personally, I thought she was simply lovely before.
Anyone else have an example of pure Hollywood BS? Talk to me.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Fri 26/11/04 at 19:50
Regular
"Blade of Grass"
OK, now if you look on the cover of ANY magazine, you'll see the headlines:
is she too fat?
and
is she too thin?
probably right next to eachother.
What is this telling you? Well it's telling me that there are some serious misconceptions of people. I mean, there's the idea that only stick people can be famous, but when they reach the point of stickliness, they're all of a sudden 'too thin.' Does this bug anyone else? I was in the line for the grocery last month, and was talking on my mobile, and all of a sudden, there it was: front page, and theres a picture of MaryKate Olsen. Apparently, she's got an eating disorder. Well no kidding! With our impossible expectations of her, what do we expect? And I know that the second she reaches a healthy weight, if she does, she'll all of a sudden be considered a total porker. That sucks. Then, right next to her picture, theres the OTHER headline, right next to a picture of Britney Spears. They're talking about her flabby legs, which is also total crap... I mean, have you ever seen her? They throw in a 'witty' comment about attending a weight watchers meeting... America is a wretched place for all those who want to show themselves to the world...
Anyone out there seen Bridget Jones? Well if you have, you'll know that shes not exactly a skinny minnie... until now. Theres a photo of her in the press with an article about her rapid weight-loss. Well best of luck to her... personally, I thought she was simply lovely before.
Anyone else have an example of pure Hollywood BS? Talk to me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.