GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Insecurities"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/11/04 at 19:50
Regular
"Blade of Grass"
OK, now if you look on the cover of ANY magazine, you'll see the headlines:
is she too fat?
and
is she too thin?
probably right next to eachother.
What is this telling you? Well it's telling me that there are some serious misconceptions of people. I mean, there's the idea that only stick people can be famous, but when they reach the point of stickliness, they're all of a sudden 'too thin.' Does this bug anyone else? I was in the line for the grocery last month, and was talking on my mobile, and all of a sudden, there it was: front page, and theres a picture of MaryKate Olsen. Apparently, she's got an eating disorder. Well no kidding! With our impossible expectations of her, what do we expect? And I know that the second she reaches a healthy weight, if she does, she'll all of a sudden be considered a total porker. That sucks. Then, right next to her picture, theres the OTHER headline, right next to a picture of Britney Spears. They're talking about her flabby legs, which is also total crap... I mean, have you ever seen her? They throw in a 'witty' comment about attending a weight watchers meeting... America is a wretched place for all those who want to show themselves to the world...
Anyone out there seen Bridget Jones? Well if you have, you'll know that shes not exactly a skinny minnie... until now. Theres a photo of her in the press with an article about her rapid weight-loss. Well best of luck to her... personally, I thought she was simply lovely before.
Anyone else have an example of pure Hollywood BS? Talk to me.
Sun 19/12/04 at 14:28
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Curvy women any day...
Sun 19/12/04 at 13:18
Regular
"Captain to you."
The only time i think someone should do any thing about their weight or look is if it's endangering their life and even then it should be cause they want to do something about it.

All this stuff about thin celebs shouldn't been shown to stupid insecure teenage girls as it doesn't matter what they look like they are all townies these days anyway. The ones that arn't have more sense than to follow magazines and stuff.
Sun 19/12/04 at 13:01
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
lcarus wrote:
> I tell you who's too thin: Elastigirl, Violet and Sahara off the
> Incredibles.

Oh rubbish. The whole movie is exagerated. Do you hear people complaining that they don't match up to the fathers pysique? No.

Damn, my GF watched it and commented "That's exactly what I was like, Shy, arkward and withdrawn"

She's a lanky, geeky teen. Christ, watch the movie again. Each and every one of them has a physical "defect". The villian has bong eyes, the girl is lanky with a brace, the father is freakishly big and the mother has a huge ass.
Sun 19/12/04 at 04:15
Regular
"Blade of Grass"
I totally agree with you, Puddle Face. And its not just the papers... I hear kids at my school commenting on the famous one's weights all the time.
Fri 03/12/04 at 23:04
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
At the end of the day, newspapers are just full of absolute mindless crap, so dont buy them!
Fri 03/12/04 at 21:44
"possibly impossible"
Uru wrote:
> I think he meant maternity leave...as a joke. and do they really have
> paternity leave in some countries? #

Er...UK...

Ok, so it's only 2 weeks paid and up to 3 months unpaid, but having just experienced it, you really do want to go back to work after those two weeks (and then want to have time off later)
Fri 03/12/04 at 21:12
Regular
"Blade of Grass"
i totally agree.. but after a show like that airs, a week or so later, they'll make a similar one about the heffers of show bizz. That was my point from the start.
Thu 02/12/04 at 11:04
Regular
"tall skinny latte"
In last week's Sneak, the main feature was about celebs that were 'too thin?' (eg. Paris Hilton and the Cheeky Girls) The skinniest celebrity was Allegra Versace-Beck, who needs help quite frankly. The bottom line was curves are sexier and healthier.
Sun 28/11/04 at 22:28
Regular
"Blade of Grass"
I think he meant maternity leave...as a joke. and do they really have paternity leave in some countries? I guess that makes some sense...
and whoever it was who said they hate obese people, that was the most pathetic attempt at humor i have ever heard. Maybe you thought it would be funny to shoot in a biggot's comment in the middle of a serious issue such as this, but its just weak and moronic.
Sun 28/11/04 at 16:26
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Fozz wrote:
> Yeah, men and women can never be equal. Guys are just too lazy to have
> the same rules applied to them. Maybe one day guys will care about
> their appearance. Yeah, the same year we get maternity leave.

Paternity leave, and some countries such as Sweden do actually have that...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.