GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Downloads are killing music"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/11/04 at 18:24
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4044303.stm[/URL]

Say what? Just remember this story next time someone tells you that Kazaa is the root of all evil. The industry is not in turmoil, artists aren't going begging in the streets and you're not killing the music album. Funny that, just what everyone sane has been saying all along.

Still, c'est la vie.
Fri 26/11/04 at 18:24
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4044303.stm[/URL]

Say what? Just remember this story next time someone tells you that Kazaa is the root of all evil. The industry is not in turmoil, artists aren't going begging in the streets and you're not killing the music album. Funny that, just what everyone sane has been saying all along.

Still, c'est la vie.
Fri 26/11/04 at 18:27
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Heh. Shame I only download good music though.
Fri 26/11/04 at 19:10
Regular
"The British Phonographic Industry..."

I had to read that twice.
Gah, such a corrupted mind.
Fri 26/11/04 at 19:13
Regular
Wasn't they the people that also tried to stop CD-Wow selling CD's so cheap?
Fri 26/11/04 at 19:29
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
So long as the industry's making money, it's good news- hopefully fewer downloaders will be getting these ridiculous lawsuits. Piracy will always be a problem, but it's one that's going to be hard to stop, if that is actually at all possible. The simple fact is that CDs can cost a lot, and some stuff can't always be easy to find- online downloads, legal or illegal are a very handy thing- convenient, cheap or free, and perfect for the lazy.
Fri 26/11/04 at 22:21
Regular
"The South Will Rise"
Maybe the music industry should work with companies like KaZaA to sell their music. The industry has just lost contact with their consumers needs and they have changed, not from buying CD's but downloading single songs. I really hate paying £11.99 for an album whereby I only like 3 songs on it. I would rather download these and just pay for the 3 songs. Virgin already do this, and thats where I download my MP3's. Same quality and above all else LEGAL.

I can understand why people do download MP3's as why the hell would someone purchase the product when you can get it for free, or why purchase the product where you only like the first 3 songs???

I think it is the music industy the needs to change and update their way how they sell their products.
Fri 26/11/04 at 22:33
Regular
what wrote:
> "The British Phonographic Industry..."
>
> I had to read that twice.
> Gah, such a corrupted mind.

Ha I thought that too.
Further down the page there's a link to it, and below it says "BBC cannot be held responsible for content outside their site"

Or something.
I blinked.
Much so.
Fri 26/11/04 at 22:41
"I love yo... lamp."
The record industy moaned repeatedly about falling single sales.

Falling single sales isn't surprising when you can only get them in HMV and Virgin pretty much nowadays. Woolies stock like the top 20, WH Smith none at all.

And then there was the absence of many big name bands in the past couple of years. It was four years since U2 released All That You Can't Leave Behind. Had there been more big name bands around in the past couple of years then sales would have been a whole lot more.

And don't say Keane are big. They did well, but by big I mean 16 times platinum big, like Def Leppard, Van Halen, Bon Jovi, Metallica, U2, Guns n' Roses. People won't buy records just to have bought something, they buy it because they like it, and the past few years have had a rather dire lack of anything most people liked. The last twelve months changed that, and look what happened to the sales.

I'm not in a fit state to properly say what I mean, but basically, a lack of supergroups and being able to buy singles is the main reason that sales were poor in the past few years.
Fri 26/11/04 at 22:46
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
To be honest, I'd never bought any music before I discovered Napster a few years ago.
Sat 27/11/04 at 09:19
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> I'm not in a fit state to properly say what I mean, but basically, a
> lack of supergroups and being able to buy singles is the main reason
> that sales were poor in the past few years.

Well, Judas Priest's new album is out on January 31st- Their first album with Rob Halford since "Painkiller" in 1990; must be at least some good there!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.