GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Downloads are killing music"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/11/04 at 18:24
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4044303.stm[/URL]

Say what? Just remember this story next time someone tells you that Kazaa is the root of all evil. The industry is not in turmoil, artists aren't going begging in the streets and you're not killing the music album. Funny that, just what everyone sane has been saying all along.

Still, c'est la vie.
Sat 27/11/04 at 21:48
Regular
"lets go back"
I download some songs and buy some CD's. I usually download older stuff. Ive just d/loaded the AC/DC discograpgh for example. The music industry makes loads of money and is in no way losing out.

Bands should be about live performances in my opinion. It shouldnt matter how you get to listen to thier music as long as you enjoy it then go to see them live when you can. If that makes sense to you.
Sat 27/11/04 at 21:34
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
First period english are bloody brilliant. I hope they make it big. Go download some of their songs here [URL]http://www.purevolume.com[/URL]
Sat 27/11/04 at 18:10
Regular
"SOUP!"
Yep but there is a certain 'coolness' about liking little known bands before they make it big.

If they make it big after you've liked them then it just shows you've got decent taste.
Sat 27/11/04 at 18:09
Regular
"gsybe you!"
True. But then hating them because they get signed even if you adored their music is just plain stupid.

I saw some unsigned bands the other day - one was great, the other was terrible. If the good one got signed, I'd listen still. The other ones can rot in hell, they were crap.
Sat 27/11/04 at 18:07
Regular
"SOUP!"
I do think its 'nice' for want of a better word to enjoy less corporate bands, because you feel more important as a fan, not just a faceless CD sale.

Compare going to an RSJ (up and coming York band) gig where there will be about 300 people in attendance, to seeing Blink 182 where there are 20,000 people there. It feels more personal at the smaller gig, however it doesnt effect the enjoyment of the music.
Sat 27/11/04 at 18:05
Regular
"gsybe you!"
No, that attitude is crap because you care more about the image than the music maaan.

Hell, I like the Offspring, and they've 'sold out' and yes, gone crapper, but I couldn't care less.
Sat 27/11/04 at 18:03
Regular
"SOUP!"
I thought you were going to pretend you only liked unsigned bands because "they become crap when they're capitalist sellouts" or something.

Mars Volta are great, though. Haven't heard of the other one, Nichey McNiche.
Sat 27/11/04 at 18:02
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hardly niche, I'm snobbish with music at the best of times, but hardly pretend to be niche.

Do Mars Volta, Walking Concert et al sell as well as Dido? No.

Do Dillinger and Poison The Well? No. OO, you're so niche.......
Sat 27/11/04 at 18:01
Regular
"SOUP!"
Cycloon wrote:
> True - most albums I buy are comparatively miniscule in terms of
> sales, except the bigger bands I like. None of whom are especially
> large at the moment.

Oooh.

So Niche.
Sat 27/11/04 at 18:00
Regular
"SOUP!"
Why is Dido eating a microphone?

Because of the amount of illegal downloads of her album, she has to eat set props.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.