GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A few film reviews..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/11/04 at 14:35
Regular
Yes before you ask these are old mains**tream films that eluded my grasp but I have seen them all within the las**t week or so...

Minority Report:

6/10 - Enjoyable, flawed and at times confusing.

Ghos**t Ship:

6/10 - Enjoyed a hell of a lot more than I thought, not a great deal of suspense.

Analyse That:

6/10 - Funnyish, not as good as the firs**t, De Niro quality as ever.

Final Des**tination 2:

4/10 - Mos**t predictable film ever. Gory deaths; otherwise dull.

Halloween Resurrection:

6/10 - The only film series to scare the sh*t out of me. Spoilt by poor American acting but Mickey Myers lights up the show as ever.

Catch me if you Can:

8/10 - Pick of the bunch. Clever adaptation of a true s**tory that from what I have read s**tays pretty close to the truth.

Jet Li - Meltdown:

5/10 - Not a touch on Once upon a Time in China but watchable all the same.

Jet Li - The One:

3/10 - One of the wors**t films ever. Anyone who has seen the Jet Li films of age old will fail to unders**tand why he needed CGI to perform for him. Gutted.
Mon 29/11/04 at 20:06
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
Yeah that is great. Love the bit where finch calls stifler a granny fu**er and he retorts 'well your a mother fu**er' He proudly declares 'yes I am!'
This thread is pretty good. I think it would be good if everyone started posting mini reviews of any movies they've seen recently. Go on....
Mon 29/11/04 at 20:13
Regular
I didn't enjoy The Wedding as much as the first two. Thought it was quite disappointing, actually.
Mon 29/11/04 at 22:45
Regular
"Touched!"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Saw a couple more over the weekend...
>
> American Pie: The Wedding...
>
> 8/10 purely because it was fricking hilarious. Stiffler was quality.
> Didn't really rate the first two all that much, they were watchable
> but no-where near as funny as this beauty. At time it was bordering
> on genius, well worth a watch.
>

Ah someone who agrees. Sure it lacks a few from the first two character wise but lets face it they kept the funny ones and "pow stiffy you got some moves"..still cracks me up to this day, quality film.
Tue 30/11/04 at 08:38
Regular
"Yeah and once she said, come take a ride in my fan*y".

Got around 14 films on my Sky + box now that I am going to watch over the next week or so, films I wouldn't dream of buying. 2 Fast 2 Furious, xXx, The Pianist and Men in Black II are just a few of the ones.

X-Men 2 premiers this Saturday on Sky Movies as well. I have around 220 DVD's and yet I seemed to have missed so much of the watchable crap released over the last couple of years. Last film I went to the Cinema to see was Toy Story 2, the next will be The Incerdibles and then the long awaited beauty, Blade Trinity.
Tue 30/11/04 at 21:58
Regular
Pianist is a superb film.

The rest are watchable nonsense. Tis the beauty of Sky Movies, you get to see all the films you wouldn't mind seeing but you'd never bother renting out or watching at the cinema.

X-Men 2's excellent me thinks, really enjoyed that.

Also don't forget about Freddy VS Jason if you haven't seen it already. It's premiering on Friday, I'll be taping it even though I've seen it before, it kicks a whole lot of ass.
Tue 30/11/04 at 22:09
Regular
Yeah, I play games a hell of a lot less since I grabbed Sky. When football isn't on I am watching Sky Movies or The Simpsons.

The beauty of Sky+ is that I can record 20 hours to the hard drive and play them back in Digital Quality with Dolby Digital and all that shiznits.

Saw Freddy vs Jason earlier this year, really enjoyed it to be honest, really cheesy in places but it was incredibly watchable. Far better the Jason X which just had me rolling around with laughter, what a freaking awful film but I was compelled to watch on.

The Pianist is going to be a weekend film, really looking forward to it in a strange way as it isn't really a film you can't wait to see but it looks superbly done.

Looking forward to Comic Book weekend starting this Friday on Sky Movies and Sky One, seen all of them aside from X-Men 2 and I wouldn't mind watching Judge Dread again, has a cult status with Mr. Stallone.
Tue 30/11/04 at 22:46
Regular
"Touched!"
Got X-men 2 on DVD. Suprasses the first in every way and I'm looking forward to the 3rd, my only concern is now that Singer is off doing Superman someone will come in and mess it up.
Sat 04/12/04 at 22:39
Regular
Just watched X-Men 2, watchable but pretty forgettable to be honest, the gulf in quality between this and something like Daredevil is clearly there however I enjoyed Daredevil more as a Super-Hero film. Some of the special effects were quality, others were pretty see through. It started off a bit dull but once the assault took place on the school the pace picked up and it kept my interest through out. The fight sequences were well choreographed and the action was believable enough without looking stupidly CG rendered (ala The One).

Just Spider-Man 2 to go to complete the Super=Hero line-up (minus the Incredibles and Blade Trinity) and it doesn't really feature up there with either Blade film, Judge Dread or The Hulk. Still definitely worth a watch and I will pick up the DVD some time as it is a film I would watch again. 6/10 in terms of enjoyment value, I just can't help but think that the X-Men 2 license deserves a hell of a lot more.
Sat 04/12/04 at 23:01
Regular
Minority Report: Haven't seen it.

Ghost Ship: Haven't seen it (But want to see it).

Analyse That: Looks funny but haven't seen it.

Final Destination 2: Got it on DVD and it's alright because theres lots of deaths that aren't expected until it happens.

Halloween Resurrection: Seen all of thew others, but not this one.

Catch me if you Can: Watched it in Crete on Holiday and thought it was quite good.

Jet Li - Meltdown: I want to watch this.

Jet Li - The One: I actually thought this was good but there you go...

And i'd like to add a couple of mine :

Bad Boys - Very funny, lots of action and a decent storyline,
Sun 05/12/04 at 11:48
Regular
I enjoyed Catch Me if You Can, but I thought revealing to us that he did get caught at the beginning of the film was questionable.

Surely it would have been more effective to leave that out entirely, making for a more suspenseful film?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.