GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A few film reviews..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/11/04 at 14:35
Regular
Yes before you ask these are old mains**tream films that eluded my grasp but I have seen them all within the las**t week or so...

Minority Report:

6/10 - Enjoyable, flawed and at times confusing.

Ghos**t Ship:

6/10 - Enjoyed a hell of a lot more than I thought, not a great deal of suspense.

Analyse That:

6/10 - Funnyish, not as good as the firs**t, De Niro quality as ever.

Final Des**tination 2:

4/10 - Mos**t predictable film ever. Gory deaths; otherwise dull.

Halloween Resurrection:

6/10 - The only film series to scare the sh*t out of me. Spoilt by poor American acting but Mickey Myers lights up the show as ever.

Catch me if you Can:

8/10 - Pick of the bunch. Clever adaptation of a true s**tory that from what I have read s**tays pretty close to the truth.

Jet Li - Meltdown:

5/10 - Not a touch on Once upon a Time in China but watchable all the same.

Jet Li - The One:

3/10 - One of the wors**t films ever. Anyone who has seen the Jet Li films of age old will fail to unders**tand why he needed CGI to perform for him. Gutted.
Thu 25/11/04 at 14:35
Regular
Yes before you ask these are old mains**tream films that eluded my grasp but I have seen them all within the las**t week or so...

Minority Report:

6/10 - Enjoyable, flawed and at times confusing.

Ghos**t Ship:

6/10 - Enjoyed a hell of a lot more than I thought, not a great deal of suspense.

Analyse That:

6/10 - Funnyish, not as good as the firs**t, De Niro quality as ever.

Final Des**tination 2:

4/10 - Mos**t predictable film ever. Gory deaths; otherwise dull.

Halloween Resurrection:

6/10 - The only film series to scare the sh*t out of me. Spoilt by poor American acting but Mickey Myers lights up the show as ever.

Catch me if you Can:

8/10 - Pick of the bunch. Clever adaptation of a true s**tory that from what I have read s**tays pretty close to the truth.

Jet Li - Meltdown:

5/10 - Not a touch on Once upon a Time in China but watchable all the same.

Jet Li - The One:

3/10 - One of the wors**t films ever. Anyone who has seen the Jet Li films of age old will fail to unders**tand why he needed CGI to perform for him. Gutted.
Sat 27/11/04 at 11:54
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
havent seen resurrection but I pretty much agree with all of your comments. Although I'd say final destination deserves at least 6/10. Its so stupid and funny. Jumpy in parts to. Infact its the best horror film I've seen for a while.
Sat 27/11/04 at 13:41
Regular
Catch me if you Can, apart from Lost in Translation, is the most boring film EVER.

I thought Minority Report was far better.
Sat 27/11/04 at 13:48
Regular
"\\"
Catch me if you Can was brilliant. In my opinion anyway.
Sat 27/11/04 at 14:07
Regular
I thought Catch me if You can was a gooden.

Resurrection was okay, it was cack but it was watchable cack. The first 10 minutes nearly had me turning it off though, Michael Myers dressing the ambulance driver up in his mask and then breaking into a mental institute and killing Jamie Lee? rubbish! whoever though that up should be shot.

Ghost Ship started well I thought but it was far too cliched and quite dull at times. The start though with the wire cutting through like 50 people was excellent though.

The 2 Jet Li films were watchable crap. Meltdown was a total rip-off of Die Hard and the dubbing was terrible which made it even more amusing to watch. The One was rubbish, but watchable rubbish, the end shot with the bad Li in the weird dimension kicking everyones asses had me laughing for ages.

Final Destination 2 I think was a hell of a lot better than I expected. It was predictable but I really enjoyed it. I think it's one of those films that's better watched with other people as you'll enjoy it a lot more, we couldn't stop laughing at some of the killings. The boy getting squashed by the plate glass was a particular highlight.

Oh and I enjoyed Minority Report.
Sat 27/11/04 at 14:10
Regular
"Catch it!"
I didn't think ghost ship was that good the sickest bit is with the piano wire when the all get cut in half i would probaly give it a 4/10 because it was ok
Sat 27/11/04 at 20:12
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
Ghost ship starts so promising but then, like a popped balloon, it deflates like just about every other horror movies in the last 5 or 10 years.
Mon 29/11/04 at 08:32
Regular
Saw a couple more over the weekend...

American Pie: The Wedding...

8/10 purely because it was fricking hilarious. Stiffler was quality. Didn't really rate the first two all that much, they were watchable but no-where near as funny as this beauty. At time it was bordering on genius, well worth a watch.

28 Days Later...

5/10, not really what I was hoping for, didn't see the suspense, wasn't really that scary. Great filming in London though with the empty streets, the atmosphere was certainly there but there was just something missing. It was nice to see the horror genre approached from a different angle. I was expecting Train Spotting meets Night of the Living Dead but it just never really got started for me. I was more impressed with the location and the way they captured London more than anything else.
Mon 29/11/04 at 17:36
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
I agree with the american pie comment. It's way better than the first 2 in my opinion. By the way, anyone know why I got a warning?
Mon 29/11/04 at 18:38
Regular
"Catch it!"
American pie the wedding is very good. and the funniest bit is when he eats the poo.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.