GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xmas Presents thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/11/04 at 07:49
Regular
"SOUP!"
Since I, and probably a whole lot more of you, are useless at buying gifts for people when the festive season kicks in, I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread and ask advice from the perhaps less spastic gift buyers.

I have to buy presents for the following:

Girlfriend
Mother dear
Dad
Sister

Now fortunately my sister is smarter than she looks and she's bought herself a CD and asked me to pay for it. Simple.

I've got my girlfriend a couple of things - I've booked her a manicure with my friend who works at a beauty salon (its a she), I've got her a CD and some jewelry - but I'm wanting to buy something, well, special. Any of the forum girlies have any ideas for me here?

As for my parents, I am at a loss. They never know what they want and I dont want to buy the same generic slippers/etc as this is my last year living at home I'd like to buy something special.

So any ideas, let's hear 'em

Need some advice on gifts, go ahead and ask!
Thu 25/11/04 at 12:04
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Unless you have a bit of money it looks like its a pair of socks for Dad, and a Robbie Williams CD for Mum.

Lucky I have decent pressies this year for Dad its three Sopranos Box Sets (cost me a fortune) and a Spa weekend voucher for Mum (Sis helped me out there)
Thu 25/11/04 at 11:17
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Sounds good what you have her already. Dont spoil her too much especially not if the relationship is new and going well. :)
Thu 25/11/04 at 10:52
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
Since getting married.. Got more people to buy for.. *Mumbles*

Ive brought my mum:- A calandar and Diary. Winnie the Pooh i believe

My Dad: A George Best Book

My best mate Leanne: It will have to be something me to you bearish.

My Secret Santa present for work: Its Leanne again so as above

Other Halfs Mum:- Something horsey or cd perhaps?!

Other Halfs Dad: God knows. Other half can pick.

Other Halfs Sister: Gift voucher: Less personal

Other Halfs Nan:- What do you get nan's now days

The house.. Yes beings we moved into our house in July. We decided to buy something for it. Sad i know.. But i brought some nice cutlery from Habitat.

And finally The other half.. Brought a few bits already.. Knowing me will spend loads more.
Thu 25/11/04 at 10:52
Regular
"You fail in life!"
I only ahve to buy the rest of the presents for my fiance, I got my dad the Little Britain DVD, I got my mum a charm bracelet (not some crappy 20p one thank you very much), I got my little sister a playboy keyring (because it's what she wanted, it ahs nothing to do with the fact taht I'm a miser) and I gave my fiance £30, and bought her these big fluffy slippers which she has wanted for months, I'm also going to buy her some more stuff once I get paid again (gotta love overtime pay!).
Thu 25/11/04 at 10:28
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
This year is sweeeeeeet!

My sister had a baby last Jan, so she came up with the idea that since she had a baby to buy for, i am now a poor student, and my older brother is saving for a mortgage and my little brother doesn't have a job that we'll do a secret santa. I ended up with my little brother who is the easiest to buy for..w00t.

Then she rang me saying that it'll be a good idea if all 5 of us (i have another sister) put money in and get my mum and dad something together which will be about £10-£15.

So all i gotta buy for is my little brother, my nan and my niece. I dumped by boyfriend a few weeks back so i ain't gotta worry about his ass.

i think i'll still get my mum and dad a little something, since they are paying my rent for the next 3 years,but i'll see how the finances go.

And my nan, bless her heart, still thinks that it's the thought that counts, but i'm gonna get her something ultra cool. Maybe some DVD's or VD's as she calls them.
Thu 25/11/04 at 10:18
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I've got no idea what to get my mum
Thu 25/11/04 at 10:12
Regular
"Touched!"
Like you I have to do my xmas shopping, my parents are sorted, one of my brothers is too and I'll just get the other one I-Robot on DVD as he loves Will Smith. However so far I have just got the g/f a friends DVD boxset and that's it, I don't have a clue what else to get, being a student and all I'll be keeping tabs on how much I spend.
Thu 25/11/04 at 09:16
Regular
This Christmas has been the worst ever.
Thu 25/11/04 at 07:49
Regular
"SOUP!"
Since I, and probably a whole lot more of you, are useless at buying gifts for people when the festive season kicks in, I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread and ask advice from the perhaps less spastic gift buyers.

I have to buy presents for the following:

Girlfriend
Mother dear
Dad
Sister

Now fortunately my sister is smarter than she looks and she's bought herself a CD and asked me to pay for it. Simple.

I've got my girlfriend a couple of things - I've booked her a manicure with my friend who works at a beauty salon (its a she), I've got her a CD and some jewelry - but I'm wanting to buy something, well, special. Any of the forum girlies have any ideas for me here?

As for my parents, I am at a loss. They never know what they want and I dont want to buy the same generic slippers/etc as this is my last year living at home I'd like to buy something special.

So any ideas, let's hear 'em

Need some advice on gifts, go ahead and ask!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.