GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hi, I'm Phil and I hate Pokemon!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/05/01 at 23:12
Regular
Hi quality, my name is Phil, I hope you like me!

I thought I'd write about pokemon to you!

Hey you! Haven’t heard about Pokemon? WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? Sorry, if you seriously haven’t heard about Pokemon then you are such a lucky person – I envy you so much! I very much doubt it though, as the little Japanese craze has taken over the world and has become Nintendo’s biggest acquisition, and the whole franchise is said to be worth around $7billion or something obscenely high like that. Ok, so I hate Pokemon, it’s become too big, and don’t think that the craze is over – at least the madness has eased, but still the Pokemon Gameboy games sell out whenever they’re released.

Why is it that you ‘gotta catch ‘em all!’? Surely if they’re so great, one would be enough! But no, you have to collect a silly amount like 149 or something. That’s going to be quite expensive…

I’m not against kids having fun, but when you have children who can’t stop telling you about how they completed Pokemon Gold, Silver or Blue, whatever the colour, you may get a bit agitated! Blame the Japanese! They started it! But is Pokemon actually damaging to children? It’s become an unhealthy obsession, among a few, and I suppose in moderation the cartoons aren’t too bad, but it’s as though Pokemon is a drug – a freely available, and yet incredibly expensive when you think about all the merchandise out there, and in your homes, what else can children, and some adults, spend their cash on?

The cartoon is a load of rubbish from my point of view – awful animations, and really boring, but then I’m not a target audience so I suppose you kiddies like it! Pokemon’s most infamous character is the omnipresent Pikachu – it’s everywhere!! I don’t particularly care if it can transform or evolve - it’s all a load of nonsense to me! I have heard that the video games are actually quite good, although each colour is said to be a clone of the previous one. It’s insanity.

Anyway, that’s my complaint over I’m going to get my son to play football again…
Fri 11/05/01 at 23:12
Hi quality, my name is Phil, I hope you like me!

I thought I'd write about pokemon to you!

Hey you! Haven’t heard about Pokemon? WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? Sorry, if you seriously haven’t heard about Pokemon then you are such a lucky person – I envy you so much! I very much doubt it though, as the little Japanese craze has taken over the world and has become Nintendo’s biggest acquisition, and the whole franchise is said to be worth around $7billion or something obscenely high like that. Ok, so I hate Pokemon, it’s become too big, and don’t think that the craze is over – at least the madness has eased, but still the Pokemon Gameboy games sell out whenever they’re released.

Why is it that you ‘gotta catch ‘em all!’? Surely if they’re so great, one would be enough! But no, you have to collect a silly amount like 149 or something. That’s going to be quite expensive…

I’m not against kids having fun, but when you have children who can’t stop telling you about how they completed Pokemon Gold, Silver or Blue, whatever the colour, you may get a bit agitated! Blame the Japanese! They started it! But is Pokemon actually damaging to children? It’s become an unhealthy obsession, among a few, and I suppose in moderation the cartoons aren’t too bad, but it’s as though Pokemon is a drug – a freely available, and yet incredibly expensive when you think about all the merchandise out there, and in your homes, what else can children, and some adults, spend their cash on?

The cartoon is a load of rubbish from my point of view – awful animations, and really boring, but then I’m not a target audience so I suppose you kiddies like it! Pokemon’s most infamous character is the omnipresent Pikachu – it’s everywhere!! I don’t particularly care if it can transform or evolve - it’s all a load of nonsense to me! I have heard that the video games are actually quite good, although each colour is said to be a clone of the previous one. It’s insanity.

Anyway, that’s my complaint over I’m going to get my son to play football again…
Fri 11/05/01 at 23:16
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Pokemon, Turtles, Power Rangers... its all the same...

When Pokemon goes, they'll release another load of mass produced kids crap...

better the devil you know?

:)
Fri 11/05/01 at 23:17
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
hmm..I'm also Phil, I also hate pokemon. Well, generalisation, I've played the gameboy titles before, but I avoid the merchandising as much as possible.
Fri 11/05/01 at 23:20
Regular
"A square watermelon"
Hi, I'm not Phil, but I also too hate pokemon. I did have a list of reasons, but I gave up on them, when I decided no one really could be bothered to listen, nor could i be bothered to say.
Fri 11/05/01 at 23:21
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Heh, just about to mention this one to you..

KPL..
Fri 11/05/01 at 23:26
Regular
Hey, new-phil, is your name really Mike?

Anyway, Pokémon isn't expensive if you just stick to the games. If you paid for all the Final Fantasy games ever released then you'd be paying more than if you bought all the Pokemon games.

Fri 11/05/01 at 23:31
Regular
"smile, it's free"
My name is also Phil (except it's pronounced 'Andrew', and spelt 'Andrew', too.) and I also hate pokémon. I haven't played the game, but anything with so much merchandise surrounding it must be bad.

The cartoon is lame, and so is the TCG. I expect the game is quite good, but I still hate it ;)
Fri 11/05/01 at 23:34
Regular
"A square watermelon"
ooh, that's old...Poor lil' java kiddies
Fri 11/05/01 at 23:44
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
=P
we were them once..btw, everyone who uses the chat on this site is a "java kiddie" then, 'cept VenomByte, who's stuck with whiplash =/
Fri 11/05/01 at 23:46
Regular
"A square watermelon"
hmm, they're different. java Kiddies are the ones who live in hp and annoy the CCs, erm, you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.