GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hi, I'm Phil and I hate Pokemon!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/05/01 at 23:12
Regular
Hi quality, my name is Phil, I hope you like me!

I thought I'd write about pokemon to you!

Hey you! Haven’t heard about Pokemon? WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? Sorry, if you seriously haven’t heard about Pokemon then you are such a lucky person – I envy you so much! I very much doubt it though, as the little Japanese craze has taken over the world and has become Nintendo’s biggest acquisition, and the whole franchise is said to be worth around $7billion or something obscenely high like that. Ok, so I hate Pokemon, it’s become too big, and don’t think that the craze is over – at least the madness has eased, but still the Pokemon Gameboy games sell out whenever they’re released.

Why is it that you ‘gotta catch ‘em all!’? Surely if they’re so great, one would be enough! But no, you have to collect a silly amount like 149 or something. That’s going to be quite expensive…

I’m not against kids having fun, but when you have children who can’t stop telling you about how they completed Pokemon Gold, Silver or Blue, whatever the colour, you may get a bit agitated! Blame the Japanese! They started it! But is Pokemon actually damaging to children? It’s become an unhealthy obsession, among a few, and I suppose in moderation the cartoons aren’t too bad, but it’s as though Pokemon is a drug – a freely available, and yet incredibly expensive when you think about all the merchandise out there, and in your homes, what else can children, and some adults, spend their cash on?

The cartoon is a load of rubbish from my point of view – awful animations, and really boring, but then I’m not a target audience so I suppose you kiddies like it! Pokemon’s most infamous character is the omnipresent Pikachu – it’s everywhere!! I don’t particularly care if it can transform or evolve - it’s all a load of nonsense to me! I have heard that the video games are actually quite good, although each colour is said to be a clone of the previous one. It’s insanity.

Anyway, that’s my complaint over I’m going to get my son to play football again…
Sun 13/05/01 at 09:52
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
It is a great game!
Sun 13/05/01 at 09:51
Regular
Dringo collapses

By the way i'm trying to find someone who likes Jet Force Gemini everyone i know except mr. dark hates it!

Why?
Sun 13/05/01 at 09:48
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Yeah it is it lasted me ages although i am starting to get a bit bored!
Sun 13/05/01 at 09:47
Regular
And Pokemon is selling even more than it was During the craze! Why? because it is a good game!
Sun 13/05/01 at 09:44
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Mario Kart is still a best seller whoa! it was one o my first games!
Sun 13/05/01 at 09:28
Regular
There was once a Mario craze and Sonic and sure enough the craze died down but even today Mario Kart is the biggest selling Game on the 64.

True Cards are no longer the big thing but they will be! Pokemon gold and silver sold more than Yellow smashing sales records if a game craze which has apparently died still selling millions more than when we were at the peak of the craze is a dead loss then you're wrong. Pokemon is still huge, People still buy the games G/S is the biggest selling game of all time!

Back to cards Pokemon world a GBA game has a system where you swip special cards into a special reader at the back which downloads statistics etc... These E-cards happen to be Pokemon cards and with the fact Pokemon games are selling more than ever before when world comes out many will buy it and many will buy the E-cards.

Dringo
Sat 12/05/01 at 23:08
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Nintendo'd lose so much money!
Sat 12/05/01 at 23:06
Regular
Why get rid of the craze that's brought happiness to so many people?

Ok, I know it can be annoying when so many people like something that you consider as crap (e.g. my hatred of the playstation) however it doesn't mean that getting rid of it will wipe it from people's minds and make it go away forever!

Pokemon is part of gaming history, and with only a couple more games left to come til the end of the Pokémon craze (unofficial news from Bulbagarden.com) it will no longer be part of the future....

However it'll never completely be rid of!
Sat 12/05/01 at 21:05
It does matter because I'm new! And at my tender age, I don't really think mathematics can be linked to a hatred of pokemon, although if that equation will get rid of the little things!
Sat 12/05/01 at 21:00
Regular
Zeldapro wrote:

"Does this have anything to do with Pokemon or Gaming at that!"

Does it matter? : )

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.