GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Dwight Yorke Thing"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/11/04 at 12:23
Regular
Good on Yorke for confronting the b*****d to be honest.
And for whoever it was to say "Yorke could've just gone up the other end to train" - what?!
Why should he have?

And besides - that's not going to make the chanting of the rest of the crowd go away ffs.

And indeed - it boils down to the "that means the racists win" thing. It's the equivalent of players walking off the pitch (which I, incidentally, think they should. The players are there to do their job and to entertain. How anyone can criticise them for leaving the field of play when they're being subjected to neanderthalic verbal abuse by these yobs is beyond me).

The guys who were clearly seen on TV should get lifelong bans and not be allowed to travel to see their country play abroad (like we've seen numerous times in the past, particularly Euro 04).
Without a doubt.

It's amazing how that single reporter asking Aragones about his racist comments towards Henry et al have sparked off this massive war.
Wed 24/11/04 at 22:04
Regular
"es argh"
lalakersrule wrote:
> Strange how the media that were calling for Spain to be kicked out of
> the World Cup, shouldn't be allowed to host a competitive match etc
> etc aren't doing the same thing when it happens here in merry old
> England. Where are the calls for Blackburn to be booted out the Prem?
> Playing all their games away? etc etc especially when their chairman
> didn't come out and condemn it

But the Blackburn incident was a few fans, Spain was hundreds, maybe thousands.
Wed 24/11/04 at 21:59
Regular
started off as the usual, then turned into monkey impressions with his body and monkey chanting. He admitted it himself in court.
Wed 24/11/04 at 21:55
From what I saw it was "ya fat b*stard." What was the racism? Anyone got a video of it?
Wed 24/11/04 at 19:55
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Strange how the media that were calling for Spain to be kicked out of the World Cup, shouldn't be allowed to host a competitive match etc etc aren't doing the same thing when it happens here in merry old England. Where are the calls for Blackburn to be booted out the Prem? Playing all their games away? etc etc especially when their chairman didn't come out and condemn it
Wed 24/11/04 at 14:16
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Yeah, im speaking about the spectators at the game, i'll just shut-up now.
Wed 24/11/04 at 14:14
Regular
The guy who was racially abusing Yorke has been given a five year ban.
Wed 24/11/04 at 14:13
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Racists.
Wed 24/11/04 at 14:06
Regular
"gsybe you!"
What?
Wed 24/11/04 at 14:05
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Yeah, Roque Junior was at the brunt of it for Leverkusen yet we still haven't seen proper action taking by the authorities.

Its a real shame for abusing a single player over something he cant change.
Wed 24/11/04 at 12:23
Regular
Good on Yorke for confronting the b*****d to be honest.
And for whoever it was to say "Yorke could've just gone up the other end to train" - what?!
Why should he have?

And besides - that's not going to make the chanting of the rest of the crowd go away ffs.

And indeed - it boils down to the "that means the racists win" thing. It's the equivalent of players walking off the pitch (which I, incidentally, think they should. The players are there to do their job and to entertain. How anyone can criticise them for leaving the field of play when they're being subjected to neanderthalic verbal abuse by these yobs is beyond me).

The guys who were clearly seen on TV should get lifelong bans and not be allowed to travel to see their country play abroad (like we've seen numerous times in the past, particularly Euro 04).
Without a doubt.

It's amazing how that single reporter asking Aragones about his racist comments towards Henry et al have sparked off this massive war.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.