GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Dwight Yorke Thing"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/11/04 at 12:23
Regular
Good on Yorke for confronting the b*****d to be honest.
And for whoever it was to say "Yorke could've just gone up the other end to train" - what?!
Why should he have?

And besides - that's not going to make the chanting of the rest of the crowd go away ffs.

And indeed - it boils down to the "that means the racists win" thing. It's the equivalent of players walking off the pitch (which I, incidentally, think they should. The players are there to do their job and to entertain. How anyone can criticise them for leaving the field of play when they're being subjected to neanderthalic verbal abuse by these yobs is beyond me).

The guys who were clearly seen on TV should get lifelong bans and not be allowed to travel to see their country play abroad (like we've seen numerous times in the past, particularly Euro 04).
Without a doubt.

It's amazing how that single reporter asking Aragones about his racist comments towards Henry et al have sparked off this massive war.
Thu 25/11/04 at 17:50
Regular
I think they(the media) went full out over the national game, becasue of what has happened to England in the last few years with threats of expulsion from euro 2004 etc.

But when it comes down to club level ghe english press didnt even mention the nazi's in the benrabeu for the champions league.
Thu 25/11/04 at 17:03
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Same thing, english press calls for the whole of Spain to be booted out of competition because of racist chants by a mindless few, why aren't they calling for Blackburn to be banned for the actions of a mindless few?

Tis my point
Thu 25/11/04 at 16:06
Regular
I wasnt judging the whole of Spain.

My point is that there was a lot more people being racist in the spanish games than in the blackburn game.
Thu 25/11/04 at 13:57
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
true true
Thu 25/11/04 at 13:41
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Sorry but you can't judge the whole of Spain on the actions of the few at the Bernabeu. That's like me judging the whole of England on the basis of Millwall fans
Thu 25/11/04 at 13:23
Regular
Theres still a major difference between the two just in sheer numbers. You use the term "minority" in both cases, but that just isnt the case. The blackburn thing was more of fan having too much too drink and getting carried away, while the spaniards are full on Nazi's.

But with the way Uefa works who knows what will actually happen. Roma playing behind closed doors just becasue ONE fan threw somthing?
Thu 25/11/04 at 12:51
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Badgerman wrote:
> But the Blackburn incident was a few fans, Spain was hundreds, maybe
> thousands.

Blackburn incident represents a minority of fans, the Spain incident represents a minority of Spain yet when it happens in Spain the Tabloids jump all over it calling for Spain to be banned, wiped off the map etc etc yet nothing about Blackburn. Strange non?
Thu 25/11/04 at 00:20
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Fickle as ever then. And idiotic.
Thu 25/11/04 at 00:19
Regular
Actually, the tabloids today didnt even mention the Nazi bernabeu last night. All they commented on from thier was Rauls record.
Thu 25/11/04 at 00:17
Regular
"gsybe you!"
No - it's the tabloids, rather than the media at large - Spanish racists must damage ALL of Spain, and get them kicked out of whatever, whereas when England is threatened due to hooliganism, it's all 'unfair'.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.