GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It's the Best Short Story Ever! Part 14"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/11/04 at 21:56
Regular
Smoke. I'm a noir whorrre, what can I say.

Ladeda you know the rules, don't bore the judge, stuff like that.

Good luck. 3rd of December is closing.
Sun 05/12/04 at 23:06
Regular
"Copyright (c) 2004"
yeah, I dont suspect the judges being biassed.
Sun 05/12/04 at 22:38
Regular
You are my toys and this is my basement

Muhaha

And besides, the best stories tend to be written by the same people, never once have I judged a story by the user who wrote it.
Sun 05/12/04 at 22:04
Regular
"Copyright (c) 2004"
i.e grix and meka cant play with us. lol.
Sun 05/12/04 at 20:47
Regular
"SOUP!"
Reciprocation in its essence.

I reckon you should change an underlying principle of the SSC now it's back to you, to stir it up a bit and stop it going Meka > Grix > Meka
Sun 05/12/04 at 20:21
"possibly impossible"
Yey! Thanks Grix.

So now it's come full circle...hm. Perhaps I can work something from that...
Sun 05/12/04 at 19:36
Regular
"Copyright (c) 2004"
WHAT?? I GOT 3rd?? sweet. thanks. I dont know if I deserved it for that. It was a bit of an experiment and I dont think it was one of my better ones. oh well. Im pleased.
Sun 05/12/04 at 19:28
"period drama"
Well, I agree with the top two.
You realise this whole comp will probably just go around in a circle between the old masters. From way back when you only got proper stories on here.
Sun 05/12/04 at 18:30
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Excellent 1st place choice :)
Sun 05/12/04 at 18:23
Regular
Deserved. I agree, I'm sick of the none story-ness, I'm just terrible at writing proper, structured stories. Having a go at writing one at the moment, but it could end up cliched crap.

Set a good topic, pb. :D
Sun 05/12/04 at 18:19
Regular
3rd - Fozz for Dragon. A rather broken but fun tale - but a story, all the same.
2rd - Meka Dragon for Daydream Believer. Almost won, not sure why it didn't, but recieves top marks for not taking itself seriously.
1st - Pb for Hold on to the Love. Serious, but mellow, an interesting story that kept me all the way through.

The reason I've judged this the way I have is simple: I'm in a bad mood. I'm finding it an absolute shame that so many people are going down the vague description style of writing, instead of actually telling tales, stories, characters and situations. I miss it, dreadfully.

So I'm pleading with you, please please go back to writing tales, I've personally had enough of this seriousness, and I'm missing the stories too much.

Congrats to Pb, hope you can set an interesting topic.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.